+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Manningham is still being missed

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Morrison View Post
    Manningham has played 2 games for SF this year, right about the same amount he played as a Giant.
    Bad post. MM played 42 games 2009-2011.

Veteran
    It's not so much about the quality of one receiver, it's more how many quality receivers you can play at once. With Nicks and Cruz playing at 100%, we had a great passing game. Without (a good) Nicks, we are struggling. And whether we had Randle or Mario as our WR3, if the first 2 excel, the passing game will also.

I think Randle and Mario are similar quality - still basically WR3s right now. Not clear what is going on with Nicks.

Mario Manningham is held in high esteem because of his Super Bowl catch. If we'd have lost the NFC championship in San Francisco, he be remembered for the easy TD pass he dropped in that game. His legend is far greater than his actual play. The thing that I most remember other than his SB catch is he was a horrible route runner, who often got too close to the sideline and couldn't come down in bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by NorwoodBlue View Post
    Mario Manningham is held in high esteem because of his Super Bowl catch. If we'd have lost the NFC championship in San Francisco, he be remembered for the easy TD pass he dropped in that game. His legend is far greater than his actual play. The thing that I most remember other than his SB catch is he was a horrible route runner, who often got too close to the sideline and couldn't come down in bounds.
    Well I wouldn't go that far. He had a td in the Atlanta, GB, and 9ers game..all in addition to the forever famous superbowl catch. His 2011 playoff contribution IS legend and the reason he got paid.

With that said though Randle has done a fine job at filling his spot, so I don't understand why MM is missed for the role he played here.
    Last edited by Ruttiger711; 11-28-2013 at 11:20 AM.
    Last few avatars: Nicks, Bradshaw, Jacobs - who's the next future ex-Giant

+ Reply to Thread