+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Cruz: "We Need Hakeem Nicks To Be His Normal Self In Order For Us To Win Games"

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...win_games.html

"With Hakeem Nicks playing at less than 100 percent this season, the Giants offense simply did not look the same.

With Nicks sitting out against the Cowboys on Sunday, it looked different altogether. The Giants threw the ball 30 times for 154 yards and ran the ball 30 times for 202 yards. And while all of it wasn't squarely on Nicks' shoulders, it's easy to tell what a healthy Nicks means for the game plan.

Victor Cruz agrees.

"I’m happy to have him back, period," Cruz said. "Just to have him back in the huddle, in the offense, on the sideline dressed and ready to go, he’s a guy that we need. We need him to be his normal self in order for us to win games and in order for our morale to be up, things like that. We’re definitely happy to have him back."

Nicks did not speak with the media on Wednesday, but practiced on a limited basis. Cruz took note of how the soon-to-be free agent looked.

"He looked good, he looked fluid, he looked like his normal self again," Cruz said. "So it felt good to have him back so hopefully we can have more of him."
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Ha.

Told ya RF

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Ha.

Told ya RF
    What?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    What?
    Cruz is so productive because Hakeem draws defenders.

HAKEEM NUMBAH ONE FO' LIFE.

jk he's making me sad.

Ha.

Told ya RF
    Cruz is gonna have to really beef up if Nicks leave in the off-season. If he is gonna to play as the X or the Y, that is.
    <-NYG Fan "REALIST"

No one knows better than Cruz how important it is to have Nicks in the game.
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Cruz is so productive because Hakeem draws defenders.

HAKEEM NUMBAH ONE FO' LIFE.

jk he's making me sad.
    That was never in dispute. I have always said we are a better team when they are both on the field.

Speaking of bandwagon, nice SIG Victor called and asked me to get you to take him back

Quote Originally Posted by Kez Simpson View Post
    Cruz is gonna have to really beef up if Nicks leave in the off-season. If he is gonna to play as the X or the Y, that is.
    Hmm...I'm not sure if "beef up" is the correct term I would use. Nicks is only one inch taller than Cruz, and Cruz looks a lot more muscular than Nicks. So really Cruz doesn't need to beef up...

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Morrison View Post
    No one knows better than Cruz how important it is to have Nicks in the game.
    I believe that's what the posters who are bashing nicks on here believe. The team is way better with a healthy nicks.

I am curious about the wording; " We need him to be his normal self..." Sounds like a more mental than physical issue maybe.