+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bodes well for us that Rolle is playing at a high level, we likely resign him

Which will give us a leg up on signing Beason

Rolle is playing at an MVP level this season... surprise surprise... he's finally playing his natural position, something he's never been able to do since the day we signed him due to injuries.

The only kink in the armor is that Rolle gets paid a lot of money so he probably won't take a pay cut... especially the season he's having.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

As long as he plays safety and not one on one coverage (i.e. slot corner), he is having a good year. But he isn't worth the salary he is making now. No way. You can't tie up that much money at safety when OL and pass rush DE is of much higher importance.

He's under contract for next year, but i don't see us keeping him after that

Quote Originally Posted by GiantFanatic55 View Post
    He's under contract for next year, but i don't see us keeping him after that
    I thought he was a FA 2014, my mistake.

Still don't see how we cut him, he's EVERYTHING to our defense.... his leadership alone makes him a keeper
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    Still don't see how we cut him, he's EVERYTHING to our defense.... his leadership alone makes him a keeper
    LOL. Rolle is not everything to our defense. He's not a ball hawk, and he is an awful one on one cover guy.

He is an above average safety being paid like a guy who gets 6+ INT's every year. And with the salary cap so important, he's a bad investment.

Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    LOL. Rolle is not everything to our defense. He's not a ball hawk, and he is an awful one on one cover guy.

He is an above average safety being paid like a guy who gets 6+ INT's every year. And with the salary cap so important, he's a bad investment.
    but he is here and he may as well play.

This is the first year I felt we got are moneys worth

Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    As long as he plays safety and not one on one coverage (i.e. slot corner), he is having a good year. But he isn't worth the salary he is making now. No way. You can't tie up that much money at safety when OL and pass rush DE is of much higher importance.
    Agreed. As good as he is playing now he is still getting over paid.
    In the tough times we find out who we are.

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    Agreed. As good as he is playing now he is still getting over paid.
    and how uncommon is that in the NFL??

I think he is over paid. As others mentioned he really struggles in coverage and at times reacts late to deep passes. When paired up with Webster they got killed. I think there are better and cheaper options out there. He has also taken some bone headed personal fouls penalties that have killed us.