+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bodes well for us that Rolle is playing at a high level, we likely resign him

I think he walks after the 2014 season, unless either Hill or Brown are gone somehow. Reese will give him a low offer (a la Phillips or Smith), but he will find someone else to overpay him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    LOL. Rolle is not everything to our defense. He's not a ball hawk, and he is an awful one on one cover guy.

He is an above average safety being paid like a guy who gets 6+ INT's every year. And with the salary cap so important, he's a bad investment.
    Wrong.

He's the ONLY leader we have.
    When he's able to play the FS position and not nickle corner he's a hell of a ball hawk.
    Coincidence that he's able to play deep safety this season and he already has 5 INT's? I think not.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

How well do you guys do when your asked to do a job that your not familiar with? Or a job that you were not hired to do?

Dose that mean you guys are over payed?

Rolle makes what he should make when he is playing where he was signed to play and of story

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    Wrong.

He's the ONLY leader we have.
    When he's able to play the FS position and not nickle corner he's a hell of a ball hawk.
    Coincidence that he's able to play deep safety this season and he already has 5 INT's? I think not.
    Quote Originally Posted by domsgiants View Post
    How well do you guys do when your asked to do a job that your not familiar with? Or a job that you were not hired to do?

Dose that mean you guys are over payed?

Rolle makes what he should make when he is playing where he was signed to play and of story
    +1 to both posts.

I particularly like the quote "Rolle makes what he should make when he is playing where he was signed to play." That is the truth.

He's not a cornerback, and wasn't hired as a cornerback, but he plays as a linebacker/safety/corner whenever he is asked.

You all complaining about his contract need to tell me who else would be adult in the Giants backfield the past few years?

brown and hill would be my preferred starters next year. rolle would be cut, with a huge thanks to him. and it will be ironic bc we will have cut him after a year he actually played up to his salary. but the 3 safety set was really bc we didnt trust the MLB in coverage. we trust Beason and will next year i'd venture. which will cut down on the 3rd safety looks even further. taylor cooper, and maybe draft one mid rounds. then i'd take the money that was going to rolle, we can cut him and not have it hurt the books iirc altho i could be confusing him with another player, and get a legit young corner to go opposite prince, and one beast pass rusher.

that way, the rest of FA and the draft could be to the OL, a stud WR if one is needed pending Nicks, a stud TE...basically with a new OC, we could get new offensive players if we were able to take care of the D as mentioned.

and i've been one of rolles biggest supporters even through the so called years he didnt live up to the billing (he was used as the nickel corner coincidentally). but these kinda situations always come back to bite us. he'll be another year older and we certainly wont give him a new contract like th eone he's under, so, maybe we cut him then resign him cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by DandyDon View Post
    +1 to both posts.

I particularly like the quote "Rolle makes what he should make when he is playing where he was signed to play." That is the truth.

He's not a cornerback, and wasn't hired as a cornerback, but he plays as a linebacker/safety/corner whenever he is asked.

You all complaining about his contract need to tell me who else would be adult in the Giants backfield the past few years?
    some people have no clue what a guy like Rolle dose for a team. For him to come in here and play wherever they ask him to and never complain about what they are having him play is huge for a football team and he gets a lot more respect form his team mates for doing it. It's one of the reasons he was picked as a capton.

It's just huge for the team part of football alone and well worth what he makes

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    and i've been one of rolles biggest supporters even through the so called years he didnt live up to the billing (he was used as the nickel corner coincidentally). but these kinda situations always come back to bite us. he'll be another year older and we certainly wont give him a new contract like th eone he's under, so, maybe we cut him then resign him cheap.
    What cut him for a guy that hasn't played in a year and a guy that can't stay off drugs

I don't see us doing that. But then again the giants have done dumber things

The only scenario I can see is a restructure, or possibly resigning for a multi year deal that drops his cap number from 7 mil to something reasonable...

He makes what he's worth now. I don't see him taking much less.

But I wouldn't mind him taking less to help the team

+ Reply to Thread