+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bodes well for us that Rolle is playing at a high level, we likely resign him

Didn't you want him cut last off-season?

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    This is the first year I felt we got are moneys worth

You guys are bugging. Rolle has been our most consistent DB since he got here. He earned every bit of his money considering the BS he's had to endure as far as bad defensive signings

Rolle should be getting $10 mill extension for 2 years if he makes it through next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Didn't you want him cut last off-season?
    Everyone did, yes.

He's a terrible nickle corner and how we used him he wasn't very effective in pass coverage.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

#80 - Get well soon Vic

How strange is it that Rolle and Tuck are finally playing well when their contracts are almost up....same can't be said for Nicks unfortunately

If he still wants $8-9 million a year then I wish him the best in all his endeavors.
    In the tough times we find out who we are...that's why I know VC will be back better than ever in 2015. #80 NYG4life!

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    How strange is it that Rolle and Tuck are finally playing well when their contracts are almost up....same can't be said for Nicks unfortunately
    Wouldn't you work harder if your next paycheck was on the line...it is not a coincidence.

I'd like to have them both back on 1 year deals next year due to their age. If we lose them to someone else's multiple year contract, well the joke is on them.

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchBunch1982 View Post
    Wouldn't you work harder if your next paycheck was on the line...it is not a coincidence.

I'd like to have them both back on 1 year deals next year due to their age. If we lose them to someone else's multiple year contract, well the joke is on them.
    eh....it's hard for me to say. I'm fine with Tuck coming back but it has to be for cheap and he has to either play like last week or get less snaps which Moore will get.

As for Rolle, I hope/think he would take a paycut to come back to this team which he loves with every bit of his heart.

Rolle's a very good safety. He's just not good at playing the slot receiver when the rest of the Giants secondary gets injured. I like Rolle's play, and I like his leadership. I'd keep him.

If they bring him back, however, it better be at a contract that doesn't interfere with our rebuilding of the o-line because that comes first over everything this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    Rolle's a very good safety. He's just not good at playing the slot receiver when the rest of the Giants secondary gets injured. I like Rolle's play, and I like his leadership. I'd keep him.

If they bring him back, however, it better be at a contract that doesn't interfere with our rebuilding of the o-line because that comes first over everything this offseason.
    +1...would love to have him back but not at the expense of this God-awful o-line. With Stevie Brown and Will Hill, it makes Rolle more dispensable for the sake of our o-line. I'd much rather have him come back for a good price though.

+ Reply to Thread