+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Veteran
    I've never understood the fan infatuation with Rolle, he's average at best as a in-the-box safety and a liability as a coverage safety and as a slot DB. Talk is cheap, I'd rather the defenses vocal leader be a guy who backs it up on game day on a consistent basis.

He's JR's worst financial decision, but it's understandable considering he had a gun to his head after CC Brown.....

Quote Originally Posted by BeatYale View Post
    I've never understood the fan infatuation with Rolle, he's average at best as a in-the-box safety and a liability as a coverage safety and as a slot DB. Talk is cheap, I'd rather the defenses vocal leader be a guy who backs it up on game day on a consistent basis.

He's JR's worst financial decision, but it's understandable considering he had a gun to his head after CC Brown.....
    Can't argue with the financial aspect but the guy has been a leader by example big time. He's leading the team in picks and tied the league for picks a week ago, not sure if he still is. He also makes huge tackles at the LOS and has played his best year as a Giant this year for sure.

I'd love to have him around as long as he takes a paycut and never palys CB again.

Banned
    High level?.?

He's a 4th LBer. He cannot cover your grandmother

Quote Originally Posted by BeatYale View Post

I have a low bar on this stuff. For our money we got a guy who shows up and plays, unlike Baas and Canty who spent more time cashing paychecks than playing games.

Levity aside, Rolle was a desperation signing. That is why we overpaid. The same could be said for Baas.

If we want to avoid pover paying free agent out of desperation, we need to draft better, plain and simple.
    Last edited by jomo; 12-07-2013 at 01:50 PM.
    No one remembers who came in second.