+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2014 Yankees

Also, i'd like to add, that Brett Gardner is recieving tons of trade interest now, which could lead to any one of Chase Headley, Jeff Samardzjia, Martin Prado, or Brandon Phillips. Obviously, any of those guys would require a ex player or 2, but Gardy would be center piece.

Personally, i'd talk to SD at the winter meetings and offer Gardner, Phelps, and Mark Montgomery for Chase Headley.. That would be my ideal trade.. Then go sign Omar Infante and have Kelly Johnson and Infante be the 2B, and Headley obviously are starting 3B.

OF Ellsbury, Beltran, Soriano, Ichiro
    1B Tex
    2B Johnson and Infante
    SS Jeter and Ryan
    3B Headley and Johnson
    C McCann and Cervelli
    DH A revolving door all yr long.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Kuroda only signed for 1yr. How can u not like that contract? Who cares what the money is, for one yr? And as for the infield, did u miss them sign Kelly Johnson, Derek jeter, and Brendan Ryan all ready? They could easily round it out by bringing back Mark Reynolds or trading for Martin Prado.
    Because we have a self imposed cap, 16 million is a lot towards the rest of the money on the table. You want Ryan and Johnson playing every day? Jeter could be done , he couldnt get on the field last season.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    This is what i'm hoping the roster looks like come opening day.. THis is assuming a RHP is facing us..

1). Jacoby Ellsbury CF
    2). Derek Jeter SS
    3). Carlos Beltran DH
    4). Alphonso Soriano RF
    5). Mark Texiera 1B
    6). Brian McCann C
    7). Kelly Johnson 2B
    8). Brendan Ryan 3B( Prado or Mark Reynolds may be here but aren't signed or traded for yet)
    9). Brett Gardner LF

How do u like Gardner, Ells, and Jeter, setting the table for Beltran, Sori, Tex, and McCann?? Can u say, INSANE!

Rotation

1). CC
    2). Kuroda
    3). Nova
    4). Pineda(thinking either Tanaka, Maholm, or Garza or 2of3 will be signed before said and done but there not as of yet)
    5). Phelps/Nuno/Warren

Pen
    Robertson
    Cabral
    Warren or Nuno as longman
    Kelley
    Claiborne
    I expect a couple additons that could change this bullpen, like possibly Grant Balfour, Matt Thornton, and possibly Bruce Chen(as longman and another LHP in pen)

Dude, that team is freaking beastly! Were not nearly done yet, and the team is looking better and better.. For all we know, Chase Healdy, Grant Balfour, Tanaka, Reynolds, and Thornton could all still be added. Just sit back and enjoy the fact the Yanks don't take losing, and will always field a competitive team, unlike the Giants and Knicks.
    There is potential but it looks like a house of cards to me. Lots of players with big time injury concerns and age.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    There is potential but it looks like a house of cards to me. Lots of players with big time injury concerns and age.
    Again, Beltran has played 145plus games the past 2seasons, and Ellsbury was pretty healthy last yr. And to be honest, i loved what i saw from Brendan Ryan last yr. His defense was flat out outstanding. People act like Stephen Drew is so good, but the dude sucks just as much at the plate, for the most part as Ryan does. If u surround Ryan with Sori, Belt, Ells, Tex, McCann, Johnson, then ya, i'd have no problem at all if Captain goes down, and going ahead with Ryan as the starter. Thats assuming Jeter gets hurt, which isn't a gurantee. Jeter is one of the most durable players out there. If theres ever anyone who deserves the benefit of the doubt, its him..

SO Roberts...interesting move and as for Thornton, he's serviceable. I watched him a few seasons as he played for the ChiSox; but he's nothing to get up in a tizzy about.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    SO Roberts...interesting move and as for Thornton, he's serviceable. I watched him a few seasons as he played for the ChiSox; but he's nothing to get up in a tizzy about.
    Roberts is a little risk, high reward type signing. I love both signings(plus Thornton). Thornton is very similar to Boone Logan and will add a nice veteran presence to the pen as well. The yanks have been linked to Thornton a few times the past few seasons so i thought they might go for him now. Very good moves today. The "glue" type moves.

Look at this possible starting lineup. I'm basing this on facing a RHP opening day..

1). Jacoby Ellsbury CF
    2). Derek Jeter SS
    3). Carlos Beltran DH
    4). Alphonso Soriano RF
    5). Mark Texiera 1B
    6). Brian McCann C
    7). Kelly Johnson 3B
    8). Brian Roberts 2B
    9). Brett Gardner LF

That lineup is potentially, scary good!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    as for Thornton, he's serviceable. I watched him a few seasons as he played for the ChiSox; but he's nothing to get up in a tizzy about.
    Its a start.. Deep bullpens win games in October.

Antrel asks fans to "please stick with us" and when it's over "we'll all celebrate together."

Quote Originally Posted by NYGisBallin View Post
    Its a start.. Deep bullpens win games in October.
    agreed...just wish we had bankable 1 and 2 starting Pitchers.
    Kuroda and CC SHOULD be that but...

NYCSport, I think the projected line up has some pop sprinkled throughout the order, I am hopeful that their RISP actually trends upward this upcoming season. The last few too many possible Runs were left stranded on-base.

However for sentimental, or just mental, reasons I already miss Robbie. lol

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

All-Pro
    Thornton is better then Boone Logan

Quote Originally Posted by n420p69 View Post
    Thornton is better then Boone Logan
    Agreed. Thornton has made the AS team as early as 2010.. Thornton also Avg's over 9k's per 9innings. Meaning hes striking out more then 1guy per inning. Hes got a career ERA of 3.53, and thats over quite a few seasons.. This offseason reminds me of the off seasons back in the mid to late 90's. If we can get a starter, i honestly beleive this ofseason could be one of the best in a very long time for the yanks..

+ Reply to Thread