+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Yankees

2014 Yankees

New season with free agency here wanted to vent on how stupid this Ellisbury contract is.

We fight with Cano over money and he is a top 5 hitter and is on the field every day to give a ridiculous contract to Ellisbury . Im convinced Cashman is clueless

I thought the Yankees were going to Downsize this year, lol.

But Kashman isn't near as Clueless as my White Sox (Sox's?) Rick Hahn and Kenny Williams...they have done NOTHING and most likely will do NOTHING this year and will be bottom feeders for the next 10 years, easy.

The Yankees offered Cano 7 years roughly over $170 million. That is around 26 million a season, not even the great Jeter got that much per season.
    It's reported the Mariners are in a bidding war now, 8 years $200 million. You know what.. Have him, let him play in that huge park with no support in the batting order. He can buy all the Starbucks coffee he wants...

I like the Ellsbury deal, we had to spend to get him and we did. His contract will be up around 37-38. We have a replacement for Granderson and we took away a key player from a division rival. Plus we have a player who can snag 50+ bases a season. The only question is injuries, if he can play 130-140 games a season I'm fine with that. The McCann deal was good too, the Yankees learned from last year not to go into the season with no catchers. Now we have a good hitting Catcher who plays with fire behind the plate.

Now we have to address starting pitching.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Have to hope the Yankees can add two more pitchers. I would love to see them get Tanaka and Arroyo.
    Stop Booing Tiki Barber.

Oh, I love the Jacoby deal also.. Great move.
    Stop Booing Tiki Barber.

Pitching ? Pitchers ? Ace ? Rotation ? Bullpen ?

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

We overpaid for Jacoby, I'm glad the front office is trying to do something but that's a little too much for a guy that can't stay healthy and doesn't consistently hit a lot of HR's. We need more pitching help but other than that I can't wait for the 2014 season.

Go Yankees!!!!

Absolutely hate the Ellisbury signing

I get the feeling the Ellsbury deal is the start of ARod part 2...

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I get the feeling the Ellsbury deal is the start of ARod part 2...
    Not even close. Think more of the Tex deal.

+ Reply to Thread