+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Yankees

Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    Grandy's a Met...Cashman's a Mess
    We signed McCann, Beltran, Kelly Johnson, Ellsbury, Kuroda, Jeter, Brendan Ryan, all ready this offseason and lost Cano and Grandy. I think Cashman and COmp are doing a great job. I think ells contract looks way better now that Robbie signed for 10yr 240million. Its the same per yr just 3less yrs, which is wicked important.

Also, for all you complaining about Ells and losing Cano and comparing the 2. Take a look at there 162game avg's.. Ells is alot closer to Cano then you would think..

Cano- 309BA 24hr 97rbi 194hit 94run 4sb

Ellsbury- 297BA 15HR 71RBI 196hit 108run 55sb

Also, Ellsbury is probably the most frustrating player to watch on defense if ur fave teams going against him. Hes remarkable out there.

If i'm the yanks i look at either Garza or Tanaka(hopefully tanaka if posted), and then a guy like Paul Maholm, and then i go after Balfour and Matt Thornton and resign Mark Reynolds or trade for Dan Uggla.. THen were done.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Cano is much better than Pedroia.
    Not that kinda better. Pedroia's also won more titles and has more MVP's..

I think that they are doing a good job this offseason honestly.. I hate losing Cano but the money/years is crazy. Ellsbury should be a really good player especially in our stadium. I like the Beltran pickup and McCann is a top 5 catcher probably. They need more pitching IMO but there are still moves to be made. I am interested to see what they do next

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    We signed McCann, Beltran, Kelly Johnson, Ellsbury, Kuroda, Jeter, Brendan Ryan, all ready this offseason and lost Cano and Grandy. I think Cashman and COmp are doing a great job. I think ells contract looks way better now that Robbie signed for 10yr 240million. Its the same per yr just 3less yrs, which is wicked important.

Also, for all you complaining about Ells and losing Cano and comparing the 2. Take a look at there 162game avg's.. Ells is alot closer to Cano then you would think..

Also, Ellsbury is probably the most frustrating player to watch on defense if ur fave teams going against him. Hes remarkable out there.
    I compared Gardner to Ellsbury (OF to OF) not Cano (2B) to Ellsbury.
    To me Cano proved he's not about winning Championships but rather is on some o' F you pay me. Adios.

I do like the Kuroda (Ace-like) and Beltran signings (Grandy a former Yank now a Met, Beltran a former Met now a Yankee)

But I still have questions about our Rotation, Relief and Closer.
    And I still have questions about the Hot Corner.

I want the next signings, if any more, to be for Pitchers.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

The Mariners are idiots. They are gonna be stuck with cano but yet the rest of there team looks like crap offensively. 10yrs??lol Cano's never had one 330BA 40HR 140RBI type season that Pujols and Arod had filled there baseball cards with over and over again to get that kinda doe. I love Cano, but hes gonna be a 289-295 20-24hr 75-90RBI guy in seattle. Not even close to worth 24million a season.
    Still a better contract than Ellisbury

I hate almost every 1 of these contracts. McCann is the only signing I like the rest of these deals are awful. Kuroda is finished he was the worst pitcher in MLB the last few months and for 16 million Cashman is hitting the crack pipe. The outfield looks good on paper albeit way over priced and over extended , wouldnt be surprised if Beltran and Ellisbury miss 100 games between them. Besides McCann I have no idea what the Yankees infield will do considering the whole infield missed the entire season.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I hate almost every 1 of these contracts. McCann is the only signing I like the rest of these deals are awful. Kuroda is finished he was the worst pitcher in MLB the last few months and for 16 million Cashman is hitting the crack pipe. The outfield looks good on paper albeit way over priced and over extended , wouldnt be surprised if Beltran and Ellisbury miss 100 games between them. Besides McCann I have no idea what the Yankees infield will do considering the whole infield missed the entire season.
    I coulden't disagree more. Carlos Beltran has played 145 and 151 games the last 2yrs, both resulting in WS appearences by the Cards. Ellsbury is coming off apretty healthy season, and will almost certainly hit for more power in Yankee stadium to add to that ridiculously awesome speed and defense. The numbers don't lie. Ells is just as good as Cano over 162game avg, unless u think hitting 10pts higher and 9more HR's, but about 45less steals, less runs, and less hits is better? Have u ever seen Ellsbury play? The guy has takeover ability in a sport its hard to take over. He can beat u at the plate, on the base paths, and in the field. Hes also here for 7yrs, and Cano signed for 10. I'd take Ells for 7yrs over Cano for 10 every day of the wk. Even if we win 2titles in 7yrs hes here, i'll be stoked. Our lineup is about as deep as you can possibly have it at this point and were probably gonna bring back Mark Reynolds at some point for more RH pop.

The only question is, is the rotation, but at leaste they got Kuroda back, who hasen't been good to end seasons, but has been great the first 4months of the past 2seasons, and hopefully he'll be better late, as maybe well be able to keep his innings in check alittle.

I mean, we almost made the postseason with all the injuries we had and a terrible season from CC. Ivan Nova was brilliant the 2nd half of the season and seemed to put it all together, plus Pineda is finally supposedly healthy, which could be a huge diamond in the rough for us, and Phelps, Warren, and Nuno all showed they could pitch last yr, to round it out, and we'll probably add a Garza or Tanaka before said and done.

I don't know what u wanted, my friend?

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Kuroda only signed for 1yr. How can u not like that contract? Who cares what the money is, for one yr? And as for the infield, did u miss them sign Kelly Johnson, Derek jeter, and Brendan Ryan all ready? They could easily round it out by bringing back Mark Reynolds or trading for Martin Prado.

This is what i'm hoping the roster looks like come opening day.. THis is assuming a RHP is facing us..

1). Jacoby Ellsbury CF
    2). Derek Jeter SS
    3). Carlos Beltran DH
    4). Alphonso Soriano RF
    5). Mark Texiera 1B
    6). Brian McCann C
    7). Kelly Johnson 2B
    8). Brendan Ryan 3B( Prado or Mark Reynolds may be here but aren't signed or traded for yet)
    9). Brett Gardner LF

How do u like Gardner, Ells, and Jeter, setting the table for Beltran, Sori, Tex, and McCann?? Can u say, INSANE!

Rotation

1). CC
    2). Kuroda
    3). Nova
    4). Pineda(thinking either Tanaka, Maholm, or Garza or 2of3 will be signed before said and done but there not as of yet)
    5). Phelps/Nuno/Warren

Pen
    Robertson
    Cabral
    Warren or Nuno as longman
    Kelley
    Claiborne
    I expect a couple additons that could change this bullpen, like possibly Grant Balfour, Matt Thornton, and possibly Bruce Chen(as longman and another LHP in pen)

Dude, that team is freaking beastly! Were not nearly done yet, and the team is looking better and better.. For all we know, Chase Healdy, Grant Balfour, Tanaka, Reynolds, and Thornton could all still be added. Just sit back and enjoy the fact the Yanks don't take losing, and will always field a competitive team, unlike the Giants and Knicks.

+ Reply to Thread