+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Eli Manning: I canít remember why I didnít want to be a Charger

I agree totally but like most football neophytes you measure teams by QBS. And I've seen good teams bury many a great QB and render him useless

Football games are won in the trenches
    The rest is icing on the cake

All people on here want to talk about is the icing and complain about an ok Oline.....as presently constituted they are not bad at all

Our real problem is our coaches but unfortunately management loves their up and down feast or famine ways

So here is the crux. Being a 5o YR Giants fan I can tell u it has always been this way and will always be this way

Learn to live with it and your blood pressure will normalize
    Last edited by BParcells777; 12-07-2013 at 11:53 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    that is true jakk we will never know , and to be honest 2 is very hard in such a short span. i think my main issue is id like a team to be competitive and make the playoffs more than we have with Eli at the helm.
    I think rivers would have been good anywhere but hes a much more emotional QB and I dont think NY is a good place for an athlete like that. Everyone talks about NY having the best fans. They are extremely passionate and have no tolerance for anything less than high performance from their teams. NY has an opinion of itself as the biggest and best city in the world and deserves only the best making this a tough place to play. You need a strong backbone here

Fans and media will rip you apart and it takes a rare athlete to keep their focus onthe field, court, ice with those eyes on you

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DSP View Post
    Everyone talks about NY having the best fans.
    No...they don't. Just the opposite.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
    No...they don't. Just the opposite.
    Lots of people here do

Bench Player
    The funny thing is San Diego offers the type of weather ELi does best in, anything with 15 mph winds ( see Oakland and Dallas home games this year amongst others) and this guy cant throw a 5 yard pass.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DSP View Post
    Lots of people here do
    Of course that is understandable seeing as how this is the NYG MB...but being from a different region of the country and traveling to all corners of the country, the general feeling is that the typical NY fan has a short memory...or, "what have you done for me lately" attitude and could win every SB and WS for 10 years except one, and that's the one they would want to talk about.

Banned
    This is one of the biggest non-stories ever

NEWS FLASH!!!!

PROFESSIONAL ATHLETE SKIRTS AROUND A SUBJECT TO AVOID SAYING ANYTHING CONTROVERTIAL!!!!

THIS IS UNPRECIDENTED!!!!

+ Reply to Thread