+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

TE going forward

With the season just about over for big blue, and slim chances of making the playoffs, I believe we need to give more playing time to the young TE's on the roster. Meyers has been a huge disappointment in my eyes (even with last weeks game). Meyers just doesn't fit this offense, he can't block worth a damn, and if he does end up catching a ball he ends up falling down immediately. Is it possible he is even less athletic than Ballard and Boss?

I know Adrien Robinson has been injured most of the year, but i think he is healthy now. Let's see what this kid has, he can't be any worse than Meyers. He most likely would be a huge upgrade in the run game. Time to show why NYG drafted you or stop taking up a damn roster space and cut him. I don't care if he's the " JPP of tight ends" we need some production out of the position, it has really been killing our offense all season. The O-line has sucked, but the TE's have been a big part of the problem, think about how often Eli went to Boss or Ballard, the TE was his safety blanket.

Larry Donnell looks like he could be promising if he could just stay healthy. Good blocker that needs to work on his hands a little bit.

I hope it's Brandon Pettigrew

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    I hope it's Brandon Pettigrew
    I'd like that. He's a solid inline guy, which bodes well for us.

Quote Originally Posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    would cost way too much money and i don't believe this team values TE's that highly to be honest. Maybe one day
    They would if they had a guy like Jimmy Graham.

Just to be safe, though, I'd like KG to be...gone...if we got Graham, lol.

We need a new face at TE, one that is a block first catch second kind of guy.
    We will be digging out of this OL mess for a few years and need all the help we can get in the run game from our TE.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    We need a new face at TE, one that is a block first catch second kind of guy.
    We will be digging out of this OL mess for a few years and need all the help we can get in the run game from our TE.
    I agree with the Oline help aspect, but I really would like to see a TE that in fact is a pass catcher first. Look at what they can do over the middle and it would give Eli a solid third down option other than Victor. Problem is Gronk, Witten, Graham don't come around very often.

Jimmy Graham.

lol that will never happen....but a girl can still dream..
    I thought we had something special!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Jimmy Graham.

would cost way too much money and i don't believe this team values TE's that highly to be honest. Maybe one day

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Jimmy Graham.

The only Graham that has a change of playing here next year is Garrett.

I say stick with Myers for next year...I may be crazy, but I think he and Eli may be starting to develop some chemistry. I have no problem with him coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    The only Graham that has a change of playing here next year is Garrett.
    Still better than Meyers.
    I thought we had something special!!!