+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TE going forward

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    See: Flip's post.
    I like turtles.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    We should of signed Tony Moeaki. I thought he was a sleeper coming out of college. Good player that cant stay healthy still better then the crap we roll out st TE
    Maybe then you could have Moeaki on the bench next to Robinson. Brandon Myers has played very well lately, and with the giants cap space he is probably going to be in NY next year. Maybe Snee, Manning, Diehl, and about 6 others will re-structure their contracts to enable the Giants to sign a different TE. Moeaki is retiring due to injuries, ask the Chiefs how their cap got hit from him. Most of you "fans" are totally clueless, and only know football from video games!

Think Donnell could be good, he is raw and new to this position, Robinson needs to see the field if he is healthy. It took Myers 12 games to get into any kind of rhythm and we still have to insert Pascoe because he can't block. He is a real limitation and I hope we don't sign him again next year.

Quote Originally Posted by americanmade View Post
    Maybe then you could have Moeaki on the bench next to Robinson. Brandon Myers has played very well lately, and with the giants cap space he is probably going to be in NY next year. Maybe Snee, Manning, Diehl, and about 6 others will re-structure their contracts to enable the Giants to sign a different TE. Moeaki is retiring due to injuries, ask the Chiefs how their cap got hit from him. Most of you "fans" are totally clueless, and only know football from video games!
    totally clueless? lmao your a character. I know more about the Giants team and organization than you will ever know. Excuse me if I don't love your home town Iowan..who are you his cousin? mother? Now that Sash is gone maybe when Meyers leaves you "bandwagon" Iowan Giants fans will also go away. The only reason your supporting the guy is because he is either related to you, you know him, or because hes from your home state.

I know your not defending his play this season. He catches 1 touchdown pass and falls down with no one touching him and all of a sudden hes playing well? give me a break, he has been awful this season. He can't block to save his life
    Last edited by DownWitJPP; 12-06-2013 at 06:31 AM.

Banned
    Great tightends in the league sure seem to be scarce currently

I hate Myers as a football player. Just a soft, unathletic player. I would be surprised if he is back next year

Whilst i'm not sure that Myers is answer going forward he's not playing as badly as perceptions

Bennett last year

Game Yards TD
    1 40 1
    2 72 1
    3 73 1
    4 2 0
    5 30 0
    6 9 0
    7 79 0
    8 29 0
    9 40 0
    10 37 0
    11 44 0
    12 82 1

Total 537 4

Myers

Game Yards TD
    1 66 1
    2 74 0
    3 33 0
    4 0 0
    5 35 0
    6 0 0
    7 15 0
    8 42 0
    9 No Go No Go
    10 32 0
    11 39 1
    12 61 1

Total 397 3

Difference of 140 yards and 1 TD with Bennett playing 1 more game than Myers

Last year Bennett has Eli playing better than Myers had this year

I wouldn't mind Myers coming back next year and us drafting new TE this year

Would also put pressure on JPP of Tight Ends to finally get on the field

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty View Post
    Whilst i'm not sure that Myers is answer going forward he's not playing as badly as perceptions

Total 397 3

Difference of 140 yards and 1 TD with Bennett playing 1 more game than Myers

Last year Bennett has Eli playing better than Myers had this year

I wouldn't mind Myers coming back next year and us drafting new TE this year

Would also put pressure on JPP of Tight Ends to finally get on the field
    You're forgetting that Bennett played hurt for much of last year, and he also contributed with his blocking abilities.

Bennett provided a legitimate option in the passing game, whereas Myers is more of a last resort.

He retired huh thats funny I guess thats another TE named Tony Moeaki that signed with the Bills 2 days ago. Im the clueless one yet you have no understanding of contracts whatsoever, Moeaki was on a rookie deal with the Chiefs, he was a 3rd round pick, the cap hit with 1 year left on a contract like that would be maybe a 100,000 dollars. Also he signed for close to the minimum pretty sure the Giants wouldnt have to restructure 6 contracts to fit that under especially considering its a 2 year deal and they are flush with cap space next season.
    Have a nice day, throws the mic down
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 12-06-2013 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    I hate Myers as a football player. Just a soft, unathletic player. I would be surprised if he is back next year
    I agree I want no part of this guy next season a rookie could easily out play him. He is 1 of the biggest reasons are redzone offense is so bad. He cant block so u have to pull him off the field or send him out as a receiver and everyone knows it. I feel like he is the perfect reflection for whats wrong with the offense
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 12-06-2013 at 08:42 AM.

+ Reply to Thread