Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DSP View Post

K-Lawrence " take it to the house Deshaun" Tynes
    *face palm*

Quote Originally Posted by Martyr View Post
    C.C. Brown
    Aaron Rouse
    this was my vote for all time worse saftey tandem lol

Thinking about this, we've had some laughable QB's. Kannell, Palmer, Garrett, Collins, Brown.

QB-Dave Brown
    RB-Ron Dayne. Wheatley didn't get his chance under Reeves, who wanted Rashaan Salaam in the draft instead. He was in Reeve's doghouse before he even boarded the bus to the stadium. Bunch was actually pretty good in his second and third year. His first year he wasn't playing over Carthon.
    TE-Derek Brown. Was supposed to be our replacement for Bavaro. Howard Cross, slower, was much much better.
    WR-Moss...took up a spot for far too long. Honorable mentions who got a little bit of playing time: Ron Dixon, Thomas Lewis, Mike Sherrard(always hurt).
    LB-Marcus Buckley. Just one among many. This is the guy who LT said was most like him when asked at the time.
    DL-Cedric Jones and William Joseph...very close to being equal. I think it was after the draft when they discovered Jones was blind, or nearly blind in one eye.
    Safety-Definitely CC Brown

As to Luke Petitgout being bad....he was a pretty decent lineman. Mike Rosenthal was better in the beginning but Petitgout ended up the better of the two.

Say what? He was one of our better kickers throughout the life of the Giants.

Are you thinking Matt Dodge instead? I know Desean returned a punt on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    Say what? He was one of our better kickers throughout the life of the Giants.

Are you thinking Matt Dodge instead? I know Desean returned a punt on him.
    I thought the same thing. Tynes wasn't known for his touch backs but I thought he was a pretty good place kicker for the organization.

Where do we begin with this?

All right I'll start with a punter. Yes, Matt Dodge was a disaster from start to finish and Reese did a terrible job of not lining up a jouneyman to stabilize that situation. The guy was eratic and worst of all a head case. I have said many times that you can hide an OL project because of the size of the roster. There is nowhere to hide a punter who is a work in progress. We tried to do that and it was an unmitigated disaster.

In addition to being one of our worst starters ever, he was clearly our worst punter ever or at least back through the 70's.
    No one remembers who came in second.

After reading the worst era thread I thought this might be fun

Make a team of the worst giants you have actually seen play. You dont have to go in to each position if you dont want to. You can just go by corps. Stick to guys who played significantly not bench warmers who barely saw the feild

Ive been watching since 2000

QB- Kerry "make it a double" Collins

RB- Ron " pass the cupcakes" Dayne

WR- Ramses "should be playing basketball instead" Barden

OL- Luke " move AFTER the ball is snapped?" Petitgout

DL-William " no motor" Joseph

LB- Kevin "softer than cotton candy" lewis

DB- stumped on this one at the moment

it was actually Matt Dodge that punted the ball to Jackson if your referring to the game winning punt in 2010.. However I'm thinking there may have been a play similar to what happened to alabama to end the iron bowl. I remeber a long FG being returned for a TD against the giants although I don't remember if Tynes was the kicker or if desean was the returner
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    *face palm*
    Glad you caught that too lol

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    it was actually Matt Dodge that punted the ball to Jackson if your referring to the game winning punt in 2010.. However I'm thinking there may have been a play similar to what happened to alabama to end the iron bowl. I remeber a long FG being returned for a TD against the giants although I don't remember if Tynes was the kicker or if desean was the returner
    Checked it out and it happened in 2006 when Jay Feely attempted a 52 yard FG vs the Bears with 11:20 left in the game. Rookie Devin Hester caught it 8 yards deep in the endzone and stood there for several seconds then came out and raced down the side line almost untouched for a TD as the giants fell asleep..

http://www.post-gazette.com/steelers...s/200611130238
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

+ Reply to Thread