+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    Good lord if you think Kerry Collins is the worst QB you've ever seen play, you are SPOILED!

Kerry was pretty damned good, the Giants went to the Super Bowl with him, and had a field day over the Vikings in the NFC Championship Game. Unfortunately the trouncing in that Super Bowl tarnished him.

And we had a parade of tragedy before Kerry all the way back to Phil Simms getting cut. Dave Brown and Kent Graham were truly mediocre and sometimes bad. Danny Kannel was in over his head.

Then if you go back to Simms' early days he was always getting injured and Parcells chose to start Jeff Rutledge over him. Lots of terrible there.

In the modern era, the Giants can be proud of YA Tittle, Fran Tarkenton, Phil Simms, and Eli Manning as franchise QBs. I'd put Kerry Collins at the head of the next class.
    As I said im going by giants ive actually seen play. Besides eli and kerry only other starter was warner but he only played half that season and was injured and eventually bounced back later in his career

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Agreed. None of those players deserve to be on our worst players list.

Kerry Collins - anyone who thinks KC was terrible obviously knows nothing about the players that preceded him. Dave Brown, Danny Kannel, Tommy Maddox, or Kent Graham. Take your pick. They all sucked.

Toast is a 2x Super Bowl winner (one with the Cowboys) that was given that name by Bill Parcells. He did get burned now and then, but he was a pretty good player.

Tynes kicked us into to the Super Bowl twice with walk-off kicks. Clearly he is not worthy of anyone's 'worst' list.
    I think that Collins gets hammered alot because of that pathetic performance in the Super Bowl. He played like a scared kitten........as did most of his teammates and coaches. He had plenty of company. He was FAR from our worst.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Not sure why we didn't flip Dodge for a free agent. JR can be stuborn and I know we wasted a draft pick on him. Still we were so vulnerable with him kicking and by mid-season, we knew he wouldn't make it.
    Reese and his attachment to projects. Dodge probably hurt the team more than his other ones did - impressive for a supposed secondary position.

How long is Adrien Robinson going to stick around without playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Reese and his attachment to projects. Dodge probably hurt the team more than his other ones did. Impressive for a supposed secondary position.

How long is Adrien Robinson going to stick around without playing?
    I think when we are rewarded for patience with a guy like Andre Brown or Will Hill, it encourages the front office and coaches to be more patient with all the rest of the hangers on. I'm OK with doing that selectively but can you name ONE player that we've given the quick hook to (inside of 2 years) when he showed absolutely nothing?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DSP View Post
    After reading the worst era thread I thought this might be fun

Make a team of the worst giants you have actually seen play. You dont have to go in to each position if you dont want to. You can just go by corps. Stick to guys who played significantly not bench warmers who barely saw the feild

Ive been watching since 2000

QB- Kerry "make it a double" Collins

RB- Ron " pass the cupcakes" Dayne

WR- Ramses "should be playing basketball instead" Barden

OL- Luke " move AFTER the ball is snapped?" Petitgout

DL-William " no motor" Joseph

LB- Kevin "softer than cotton candy" lewis

DB- stumped on this one at the moment

K-matt " take it to the house Deshaun" dodge
    Not to be technical or anything, but Matt "take it to the house Deshaun" Dodge is a P, not a K.

I think when we are rewarded for patience with a guy like Andre Brown or Will Hill, it encourages the front office and coaches to be more patient with all the rest of the hangers on. I'm OK with doing that selectively but can you name ONE player that we've given the quick hook to (inside of 2 years) when he showed absolutely nothing?
    For sure, but guys like Brown and Hill were able to wait in the background until they were needed. With Dodge, he was front and centre every week, literally kicking the season away. He hurt the team just by stepping on the field - how that was permissible I really have no idea.

I think Sintim is the only one that's come close to that. He lost a year to injury and the team didn't care to wait for him to get better. As shown with Terrell Thomas and Domenik Hixon, they will wait if they believe in the player.
    Last edited by Flip Empty; 12-07-2013 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    *face palm*
    Desean

I'm OK with doing that selectively but can you name ONE player that we've given the quick hook to (inside of 2 years) when he showed absolutely nothing?
    Phillip Dillard
    Marvin Austin

Also, Greg Jones. And the Giants weren't patient with Brown. They waived him in his second year. They were fortunate to get him back after he went full round.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    Phillip Dillard
    Marvin Austin
    Austin got to his third camp with us. We were way too patient, trying to justify the high pick.
    Dillard was gone unusually quick.