+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: If a GM offered you a 1st round pick for Eli this offseason

No, but I would of traded Nicks for some picks and then draft OL players with those picks. Eli has alreayd proved with a good OL and WRs he can win superbowls. Why trade that away? He has the poise to win the big one, and he isnt done. Just needs a better team around him to maximize his potential again.

Veteran
    Bengals got more for Carson palmer

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    ...would you take it if you were Giants GM?

Just interested in seeing the reactions...
    We don't have Nick Foles waiting in the wings so how would you equate a first round pick (unproven) with Eli Manning? I'm not even a huge fan of his, but absolutely not.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    No, but I would of traded Nicks for some picks and then draft OL players with those picks. Eli has alreayd proved with a good OL and WRs he can win superbowls. Why trade that away? He has the poise to win the big one, and he isnt done. Just needs a better team around him to maximize his potential again.
    What kind of "picks" would you expect for Nicks?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    What kind of "picks" would you expect for Nicks?
    Nicks is worth at least a mid-late round first. Maybe including a 4-5 rounder or even a 3rd to the right team but hes shown some proclivity for being iniured. Hes a very good young wr with good size, agility and hands. I dont think weve seen him play to his potential yet

Once they get eli some protection nicks would be a 1200-8 type of reciever

no ****ing way are you kidding me?
    FUTURE NFL STAR

Quote Originally Posted by DSP View Post
    Nicks is worth at least a mid-late round first. Maybe including a 4-5 rounder or even a 3rd to the right team but hes shown some proclivity for being iniured. Hes a very good young wr with good size, agility and hands. I dont think weve seen him play to his potential yet

Once they get eli some protection nicks would be a 1200-8 type of reciever
    Nicks has not shown that worth so far this season.

I'd trade him (Eli) for whoever selects Johnny Manziel and never look back
    Last edited by BParcells777; 12-06-2013 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Nicks has not shown that worth so far this season.
    You right except Nicks is a top 5 receiver when healthy
    I don't see any injuries that won't heal up
    Hi knees are fine

Quote Originally Posted by DSP View Post
    Anyone who says yes is joking or crazy

First it wouldnt be possible with his contract

Second why does eli get so much flack? Eli is a lot like favre. Takes a lot of chances most QBs wouldnt have the nerve to take. Sometimes it burns him and sometimes its an amazing play. Every player has ups and downs, and the only way to be great is to take the chances other players wont.

Favre was idolized til the very end of his career......still is by many. So why does eli get slammed so hard when his play stumbles? Is it just because of his last name?

Hes got two great postseasons with two SB MVPs to go with it. Bad players do not shine at those times. They crumble and the greats excel

We are talking about a guy who has a very strong case for canton

If he was 2-3 years older and really stinking it up id condider for a top 15 pick

Eli isnt a god so why do always expect miracles from him? Hes human and few would do much better with the issues the giants have right now

Give eli a decent line, reliable running back and a solid D and we will see him excelling again

Who would you rather have behind center taking that kind of punishment? Peytons neck would get snapped. Brees would be batted around like a ragdoll. Brady would do nothing but throw hissy fits
    People still don't get it. Favre's at least been able to show he could sustain great play for many years straight. Eli's ups and downs vary from game to game. Sometimes, it's half to half. Eli hasn't been able to show consistency at all. People's perceptions are driven by consistency. If you're great one game then terrible another, then people have no idea what to make of you. And that's what Eli suffers from.

+ Reply to Thread