+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: If a GM offered you a 1st round pick for Eli this offseason

Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    You right except Nicks is a top 5 receiver when healthy
    I don't see any injuries that won't heal up
    Hi knees are fine
    You could be right, but could be won't get him his BIG payday.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Veteran
    No. Two ones he's gone! Well, one and two and I'd launch Mister Mediocre!
    Last edited by STAR; 12-06-2013 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    What kind of "picks" would you expect for Nicks?
    Well, none anymore. But when we were 0-6 I said we should do it. I would of expected a 2nd and 5th. A team would of done it. Patriots? Jets? Falcons? 49ers? Seahawks? Ravens? Chiefs? Colts? Teams that felt they were 1 WR away from being a Superbowl contender.

Then again, TRent Richardson was traded for a 1st rounder. So maybe they could get a 1st.

This opportunity reminds me of the Yankees and Cano. The Yankees should of traded him and Kuroda during the year. Those 2 would of netted some great prospects for the future. Nicks would of done the same.
    Last edited by TheAnalyst; 12-06-2013 at 09:24 AM.

Oh man this is tough one...

I would if he came at a lower price... Then I would get a more mobile QB b/c I think he could buy a bit more time for the KG passing tree to open up with his legs... Or getting a very high rated OL and start looking at the guys we already drafted maybe?

Otherwise NO.
    I want to see Eli in a new system before I throw in the towel in him. He is smart and will adjust.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Well, none anymore. But when we were 0-6 I said we should do it. I would of expected a 2nd and 5th. A team would of done it. Patriots? Jets? Falcons? 49ers? Seahawks? Ravens? Chiefs? Colts? Teams that felt they were 1 WR away from being a Superbowl contender.

Then again, TRent Richardson was traded for a 1st rounder. So maybe they could get a 1st.

This opportunity reminds me of the Yankees and Cano. The Yankees should of traded him and Kuroda during the year. Those 2 would of netted some great prospects for the future. Nicks would of done the same.
    When we were 0-6 we thought he'd come around. Now, do we still feel that way?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Never, it doesn't make sense.

First of all...Eli isn't worth a first round pick (and don't give me Carson Palmer..the Raiders were stupid and that trade blew up in their face)
    Secondly..it STILL wouldn't be good for us since we have no one to replace him.
    It is CLEARLY time to start the process of developing the next Giants QB. May not be Nassib but we have to start. Maybe that's what JR was thinking with Nassib...Don't know.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Go back and look at the first round selections for the past five years. You have about a 50/50 chance of getting an impact player.

So give up a franchise QB who has taken us to 2 SB's for what? A 50/50 shot of getting a good player?

It would be different if we were getting the number 1 or 2 pick in a Luck/RGIII type QB draft . . . .
    THIS. Reload the offensive line and give Eli another reliable receiver besides Cruz and he will shine.
    Manning is king of the comebacks, having engineered 24 fourth-quarter comebacks and 28 game-winning drives, including two in the final minutes of Super Bowls XLVI and XLII. Moreover, his quarterback rating rises to 94.2 in "late-and-close" games. With numerous comebacks, eight postseason victories and a pair of Super Bowl MVPs under his belt, few have been better with the game on the line.

For me to Entertain trading Eli it would need to be more. I'm not a Eli guy but know how important a quality QB is. Perfect world Eli restructures his deal and plays two more years and a Qb is developed. Next year for Eli will determine what happens going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    First of all...Eli isn't worth a first round pick (and don't give me Carson Palmer..the Raiders were stupid and that trade blew up in their face)
    Secondly..it STILL wouldn't be good for us since we have no one to replace him.
    It is CLEARLY time to start the process of developing the next Giants QB. May not be Nassib but we have to start. Maybe that's what JR was thinking with Nassib...Don't know.
    So, if Eli isn't worth a #1, then to trade him for a number 1 would be a good deal, right? We might have some growing pains with a new QB, but we went through that with Eli.
    Do not feed the trolls.

+ Reply to Thread