+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Thread: If a GM offered you a 1st round pick for Eli this offseason

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Another team doesn't get to claim the championships we won with Eli.

That has always been a curious point to me as well.

And I understand the "he's shown he's capable" argument, but still...can't believe that it's a factor.
    This space for rent

Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    Why would ANY professional NFL GM--let alone some mo-mo fan-- take only ONE 1st rd pick for Eli this off season? He's a former #1 overall pick with two SBs and two SB MVP awards on his resume. I don't think a trade of only 1 pick has ever occurred involving a player with that kind of pedigree.

The only circumstance I could see--and only theoretically at that, since there is zero chance the Giants ACTUAL GM/owners would consider trading him--even for 1 split second--this off season, would be for a minimum of two 1st rd picks plus a second rd this year and a third rd next year (or a solid young OL player with a few years remaining of his contract in addition to two 1st rd and a third rd pick this year. And only if that offer were from Houston this year or another high 1st rd pick team this year.

That's the only trade that would make even a small modicum of sense, as this coming draft looks at least to be fairly decent for a couple QBs going early.
    Two 1sts, a 2nd, and possibly a 3rd for an inconsistent turnover machine on the wrong side of 30, and all because he played fairly well and had tremendous help from his defense in two Super Bowls?! The rest of his up and down career doesn't factor in? Give me some of what you're drinking, because I'd like to get hammered too.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Thunder View Post
    Two 1sts, a 2nd, and possibly a 3rd for an inconsistent turnover machine on the wrong side of 30, and all because he played fairly well and had tremendous help from his defense in two Super Bowls?! The rest of his up and down career doesn't factor in? Give me some of what you're drinking, because I'd like to get hammered too.
    Carson Palmer went for a 1st and a 2nd, despite being an inconsistent turnover machine on the wrong side of 30 that had never won ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Carson Palmer went for a 1st and a 2nd, despite being an inconsistent turnover machine on the wrong side of 30 that had never won ****.
    Oakland Raiders...

Assuming an almost 33 year old Eli would even be available on the trade block, can he be looked at in any other scope that isn't seen as a premier 'stop-gap' player until that team drafts their long term answer at the QB position? Signing a QB like Eli out of FA is one thing if you have the cap room and/or roster that is ready to win now but trying to acquire a player like him without hurting your future roster too much is tricky business. You can't expect many opposing teams to invest so many draft picks into someone that has displayed a good deal of uncertainty these last two seasons. It's much safer to just pick up the hottest option (the most "talented") off the QB scrap heap from FA, pair that player with a freshly drafted QB, and let the two compete.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Assuming an almost 33 year old Eli would even be available on the trade block, can he be looked at in any other scope that isn't seen as a premier 'stop-gap' player until that team drafts their long term answer at the QB position? Signing a QB like Eli out of FA is one thing if you have the cap room and/or roster that is ready to win now but trying to acquire a player like him without hurting your future roster too much is tricky business. You can't expect many opposing teams to invest so many draft picks into someone that has displayed a good deal of uncertainty these last two seasons. It's much safer to just pick up the hottest option (the most "talented") off the QB scrap heap from FA, pair that player with a freshly drafted QB, and let the two compete.
    We are not trading Eli under any circumstances. KG is gone after this year

No offensive line help until the sixth round?!?!? C'mon bro!
    In the tough times we find out who we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post

Well, it was the Raiders, and is was one 1st, not two 1sts, a second, and a third. As for what hes won, how does that matter?

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    We are not trading Eli under any circumstances. KG is gone after this year

No offensive line help until the sixth round?!?!? C'mon bro!
    Just sign someone like OG Matt Slauson and/or C Fernando Velasco to 2-4 year deals, pair them up with draft picks, and you already have an improved interior. You don't need top round talent to have a working interior.

Edit: Speaking of late round OL talent, guess who is doing well now that they are off the Giants?

http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/11/5...ew-york-giants
    Last edited by TheEnigma; 12-07-2013 at 07:34 PM.

No one trades a starting QB....EVER.....

Only reason San Fran traded Montana was because they had Steve Young. There is no Steve young on our roster or in the draft

Quote Originally Posted by NYGhtmare View Post
    Oakland Raiders...
    al davis left his last wishes on scrolls encased in goblets of earthen clay.

+ Reply to Thread