+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Rudy...I'm going to disagree with you on that.
    The rap that Eli isn't accurate is way overblown. He throws a deep out as well as any QB in the league. He tends to be less accurate on the shorter throws.
    But he is pretty darn accurate on the downfield passes.
    As I have said before...he's a downfield passer.
    excellent point
    FUTURE NFL STAR

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Uhh so OL are so hard to find, but not a franchise QB?
    You tell me? You only need to find one QB who is good enough to be a franchise QB. We already showed franchise doesn't mean great. I need 5 good linemen to make a good solid line. Unless you think linemen are just growing on trees.....maybe you do.

this should be revisited at the end of 2014 , because there is no compensation to make up for the back loaded restructuring cap hit we would face. the old saying is its cheaper to keep her.
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails."
    - William Arthur Ward -

Quote Originally Posted by dillyyo2013 View Post
    You tell me? You only need to find one QB who is good enough to be a franchise QB. We already showed franchise doesn't mean great. I need 5 good linemen to make a good solid line. Unless you think linemen are just growing on trees.....maybe you do.
    A very good franchise QB's don't grow on trees. Don't give me the "many QB's throw more accurate passes than Eli." Even if that's true, that does NOT equal franchise QB.

Let's go.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Rudy...I'm going to disagree with you on that.
    The rap that Eli isn't accurate is way overblown. He throws a deep out as well as any QB in the league. He tends to be less accurate on the shorter throws.
    But he is pretty darn accurate on the downfield passes.
    As I have said before...he's a downfield passer.
    Deep passes yes (when he has time) but I've seen him with time in the pocket throw high and wobbly. It's not a knock, just what I've witnessed over the years.

Let's go.

Quote Originally Posted by dillyyo2013 View Post
    It's not poor because causation of the move does not matter. The argument is would you make such a move with the expectations that something comparable or better would be found. The colts showed that with such a pick something can be found just as good or maybe better.
    so Luck is just as good as a healthy Peyton??

causation is a factor. without it you dont make the move....period
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    ...would you take it if you were Giants GM?

Just interested in seeing the reactions...
    the season Eli has had is far from great. hes demonstrates no consistency and has been imo below average.....but Eli is still a good qb and is due for a great season ala Philip Rivers.

I wouldn't take a #1 for him. im interested to see what he can do for us next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    A very good franchise QB's don't grow on trees. Don't give me the "many QB's throw more accurate passes than Eli." Even if that's true, that does NOT equal franchise QB.
    How about we clarify some things so we are all on the same page. Give me your criteria for what a franchise QB means. Without that we are just going in circles and if you honestly believe that Eli is just a good or very good QB then I would like to hear what attributes you feel you couldn't replace with a top 1st round pick in the draft.

For sensibility sake lets leave out attributes that you gain from vast experience i.e seeing all types of defenses.

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    so Luck is just as good as a healthy Peyton??

causation is a factor. without it you dont make the move....period
    Causation is only a factor when we are discussing any one team or instance. It does not come into play as to whether any one team or instance can make a decision (drafting a QB) that will result in getting a very good or great QB.

IMO, I love Peyton Manning and I think he is one of the most accurate passers of all time, but I do not feel he is the greatest ever and his record supports that. In crunch time, when it mattered the most, Peyton has failed more often than succeeded.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    this should be revisited at the end of 2014 , because there is no compensation to make up for the back loaded restructuring cap hit we would face. the old saying is its cheaper to keep her.
    I don't think this was in consideration of financial stuff. More purely on whether his talent is replaceable.