+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dillyyo2013 View Post
    How about we clarify some things so we are all on the same page. Give me your criteria for what a franchise QB means. Without that we are just going in circles and if you honestly believe that Eli is just a good or very good QB then I would like to hear what attributes you feel you couldn't replace with a top 1st round pick in the draft.

For sensibility sake lets leave out attributes that you gain from vast experience i.e seeing all types of defenses.
    You act like I'm saying Eli is irreplaceable lol. You are basing everything about Eli due to this seasons mishaps, and that's not fair.

I don't know about you or anybody else, but a 1st round pick is not guaranteed to help win 2 Super Bowls and break team and NFL records. If you think accuracy and mobility are keys to dethroning Eli, then so be it. I don't. Eli may not be the "best" but he's good enough to carry a team and he's certainly done that before. This year has been a very disappointing year for Eli and the rest of the team, he knows that.

You can get quality OL in the draft in later rounds, draft guru's are better at explaining it than I am.
    You have to know what you are getting in return if you are going to swap your franchise player. We don't know what we're getting. Who cares about far he can throw a football? That means nothing in the NFL. If you can't read a damn defense, you're not going to make it. If you can't stay healthy, you're not going to make it. If you can't put in the work ethic, you're not going to make it. Eli has done all these things and more, and I better be getting the same thing in return if I were to trade him.

Causation is only a factor when we are discussing any one team or instance. It does not come into play as to whether any one team or instance can make a decision (drafting a QB) that will result in getting a very good or great QB.

IMO, I love Peyton Manning and I think he is one of the most accurate passers of all time, but I do not feel he is the greatest ever and his record supports that. In crunch time, when it mattered the most, Peyton has failed more often than succeeded.
    and if he wasnt ijured he would still be a Colt....

look...I am not saying Eli cant be replaced. No body is beyond replacment. and you are right each situation is dif. Thats why PM would still be a colt if he wasnt injured.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

^If he wasn't injured Colts wouldn't have the 1st pick...

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    You act like I'm saying Eli is irreplaceable lol. You are basing everything about Eli due to this seasons mishaps, and that's not fair.

I don't know about you or anybody else, but a 1st round pick is not guaranteed to help win 2 Super Bowls and break team and NFL records. If you think accuracy and mobility are keys to dethroning Eli, then so be it. I don't. Eli may not be the "best" but he's good enough to carry a team and he's certainly done that before. This year has been a very disappointing year for Eli and the rest of the team, he knows that.

You can get quality OL in the draft in later rounds, draft guru's are better at explaining it than I am.
    You have to know what you are getting in return if you are going to swap your franchise player. We don't know what we're getting. Who cares about far he can throw a football? That means nothing in the NFL. If you can't read a damn defense, you're not going to make it. If you can't stay healthy, you're not going to make it. If you can't put in the work ethic, you're not going to make it. Eli has done all these things and more, and I better be getting the same thing in return if I were to trade him.
    This is truly hilarious
    His problem is he throws it too far ....not that his arm is weak
    He also sometimes try to aim it rather than sling it

This is football not darts

I've seen a lot of Giant football in my years on this earth and I would not be so simple as to base judgement off of this year, as many are doing with Nicks. I am not saying Eli doesn't have the skill to lead a team to another SB. I am not saying his inaccuracy issues or mental errors means he can't lead a team to the promise land. What I am saying is that if a offer were made for a high first rd draft pick and there was a QB that showed great promise in the draft, I would not hesitate to let Eli go for the pick. This obviously does not consider salary cap issues, personal issues, team goals, etc. I'm just saying that Qbs or Eli's talent level are not like once in a decade finds. I've seen to many players succeed in one system only to fail in others and vice versa. To many factors come into play that I would feel that so much hinged on one player like Eli. Brees, Peyton, Rodgers...maybe, but not Eli.

The issue with OL is that they need time to gel the most. FA doesn't allow lines to develop over time like they use too. Beatty was paid like a top Linemen just like Baas and look where we stand with that. Way harder, IMO to get a very good OL together for any period of time than it is to get a QB on Eli's level.

Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    This is truly hilarious
    His problem is he throws it too far ....not that his arm is weak
    He also sometimes try to aim it rather than sling it

This is football not darts
    wut

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    and if he wasnt ijured he would still be a Colt....

look...I am not saying Eli cant be replaced. No body is beyond replacment. and you are right each situation is dif. Thats why PM would still be a colt if he wasnt injured.
    Of course. I'm not saying Peyton wouldn't be there because Peyton is a truly ATG QB. But, you can't apply that same standard to Eli who other than the SB wins, which is more because of team than QB, pales in comparison as a QB to Peyton. It's like saying I would consider keeping Trent Dilfer as much as I would consider keeping Dam Marino. It's down right laughable.

I've seen a lot of Giant football in my years on this earth and I would not be so simple as to base judgement off of this year, as many are doing with Nicks. I am not saying Eli doesn't have the skill to lead a team to another SB. I am not saying his inaccuracy issues or mental errors means he can't lead a team to the promise land. What I am saying is that if a offer were made for a high first rd draft pick and there was a QB that showed great promise in the draft, I would not hesitate to let Eli go for the pick. This obviously does not consider salary cap issues, personal issues, team goals, etc. I'm just saying that Qbs or Eli's talent level are not like once in a decade finds. I've seen to many players succeed in one system only to fail in others and vice versa. To many factors come into play that I would feel that so much hinged on one player like Eli. Brees, Peyton, Rodgers...maybe, but not Eli.

The issue with OL is that they need time to gel the most. FA doesn't allow lines to develop over time like they use too. Beatty was paid like a top Linemen just like Baas and look where we stand with that. Way harder, IMO to get a very good OL together for any period of time than it is to get a QB on Eli's level.
    I never said his talents were, but you still have to know what you're getting if you are going to trade away your franchise player. We don't know what we're really getting.

Why isn't Nassib starting over Eli now if Eli's attributes are just "average"?

His biggest problem is throwing it too far or for short ones too hard

He needs to work on that

I never said his talents were, but you still have to know what you're getting if you are going to trade away your franchise player. We don't know what we're really getting.

Why isn't Nassib starting over Eli now if Eli's attributes are just "average"?
    Because in the immediacy Eli gives us more and we have time for Nassib to develop. I have no idea whether he is good enough to excel, but we don't risk much my letting him ride the bench and develop. Worked for Rodgers and I think Rodgers is a better QB than Favre was. Unfortunately, with the draft you never know for sure what you are getting. But, if a player like Luck were on the board and I had this opportunity, I wouldn't hesitate at making a move. This is in respects to our current team now because I think we have too many holes that will take considerable time to mend up.