+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    The correct answer is "no".
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    Hey Gumball..........do you have any idea how bad Peytons post season is Vs ELI?????????????????????????
    But at least with Peyton, I know I'll be making the post season to begin with. After that, it's just a matter of which team gets hot.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    But at least with Peyton, I know I'll be making the post season to begin with. After that, it's just a matter of which team gets hot.
    +1

Thats what drives me nuts about these arguments. You know Peyton will give you a shot to make the playoffs every season. He may not go far, but he'll get you in. Eli gets in every few seasons, and you dont know who is going to show up, the good QB or the rookie who makes stupid mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Because some 22 year old in the draft can run really fast and throw pretty passes, that's why!
    In the history of the NFL how many "running" QB's have won a SB?

It depends upon what is happening in this upcoming draft and FA. If I can scan the FA wire for a veteran QB and flip that one pick into multiple draft picks (one of those possibly being a QB), I would entertain it. Eli isn't 25 anymore. Whether you want to think about it or not, he is going to be replaced. Hopefully later than sooner because rookie QB's are hit and miss. And you also have to think about who the coaching staff would be if it were to happen? Would Coughlin stick around for it? And if he did, is Gilbride staying with him? There's a lot to consider with a question like this.
    “Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”
    ― George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by TroyArcher View Post
    In the history of the NFL how many "running" QB's have won a SB?
    When will you learn that red font = sarcasm?
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

All-Pro
    The only way I would entertain trading Eli would be if the team was in total rebuild mode... and even then I would expect more than 1 first round pick for him. This is a team with a lot of holes to fill, but they are not rebuilding, so the answer would be no.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

All-Pro
    No....

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Not if re-signing Eli at 13-15 mil per was an option.
    That's what I think he's worth, but I just checked the salaries and it's not realistic to expect him to resign for that much. Big Ben is making $12.5 million/year from a contract he signed in 2008. He'll want more money than $15 million/year but he needs to play markedly better if he's going to be worth it.
    In the tough times we find out who we are...that's why I know VC will be back better than ever in 2015. #80 NYG4life!

Gmen0820 makes a good point about how much money he wants. Right now he's just managing games. We shouldn't pay him $20 million a year for that. This year he robbed the bank with his performance.
    In the tough times we find out who we are...that's why I know VC will be back better than ever in 2015. #80 NYG4life!