+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    Gmen0820 makes a good point about how much money he wants. Right now he's just managing games. We shouldn't pay him $20 million a year for that. This year he robbed the bank with his performance.
    Blame Reese for the CAP HIT of 20 mil. His cap hit was under 10 mil last year as well.

If he robbed the bank do the Giants owe him money for 2011?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    Just going back to the comment about Eli "just being a downfield passer with most success with huge receivers". Not sure who it was so sorry for not quoting directly...

..but we've had some of the gaudiest (sp) WR number in Giants history with Smith (5'-11") Cruz (6'-0") and Nicks (6'-1").... and with 2 of them playing out of the slot.

That perception just doesn't match the reality.
    Keep in mind that is Giants history. Anyone that knows the Giants history knows that we have never been a passing juggernaut. We had the Fassel years and such, but not like the sling happy Gilbride era.

Can we wait til after the game Sunday because I'm going and it's going to be my sons 1st NFL game ever.

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    you would make a poor NFL owner. Lombardi Trophies are the ultimate goal and accomplishment.
    This position is why you wouldn't likely make a good owner...filling seats and garnering market share is the teams ultimate goal. Have a team that wins the superbowl once a decade but doesn't make the playoffs the rest of the seasons and see how long you stick with that philosophy. SB wins have to be mixed in with seasons that you are in contention. Players won't want to play for you and fans won't want to support you if all you did was bring the periodic SB.

Quote Originally Posted by dillyyo2013 View Post
    Keep in mind that is Giants history. Anyone that knows the Giants history knows that we have never been a passing juggernaut. We had the Fassel years and such, but not like the sling happy Gilbride era.
    Stupid Eli for playing for the Giants.

...and like I said its putting up numbers with WR's who aren't the size of power forwards like it was implied being one of the "only" ways he can be successful AND with players in the slot.

Quote Originally Posted by dillyyo2013 View Post
    This position is why you wouldn't likely make a good owner...filling seats and garnering market share is the teams ultimate goal. Have a team that wins the superbowl once a decade but doesn't make the playoffs the rest of the seasons and see how long you stick with that philosophy. SB wins have to be mixed in with seasons that you are in contention. Players won't want to play for you and fans won't want to support you if all you did was bring the periodic SB.
    do you think filling seats is or will be a problem?

Have a team that wins the superbowl once a decade

and then you'd have a team with 6 SB victories. That would be awful.

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    no doubt he will and I take nothing away from Peyton. He is one of the best QBs in the history of the game. But SB wins for teams trump everything else.
    Solely from a fans perspective. Continuity and stability at the top year in and year out captures market share and post seasons. It also makes your team attractive to other potential prospects or acquisitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Even when we won the super bowl, knocking off the much-hated (and in 2007, overly ******y) Patriots, people kept lining up to say that the Giants were nothing special, that they "got lucky". Now all those guys are pretty much proving themselves right. Even if we somehow came back to win a super bowl this season, people would STILL have zero respect for the Giants. I want fans all across the NFL to be in absolute awe of our team's power like they are enamored with Seattle right now, that I could wear a Giants jersey all around the country with pride. Right now I can't even wear a giants t-shirt to the local grocery store without being laughed at...

But all that isn't going to happen unless you have a team that can actually dominate.
    Bingo. That's the feeling Giants fans had with the 80's teams. They were badasses and even though we only won 2 SB in 86 and 90, every season you felt like you had the potential to dominate. That's what they do in NE under Bill and that's what I have longed for from these Giants since then.

Would you rather be a Colts' fan that got 1 ring from Peyton or a Giant fan that has 2 rings from Eli. I'll take 2