+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    It's actually playing to our favor he has been hurt so much
    It will drive down his market value. If I were Reese I'd go for an early signing of 3 to 5 years but after Coughlin pulled him out of the cowboys game he probably wants to look for a better situation

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    When we were 0-6 we thought he'd come around. Now, do we still feel that way?
    Im not saying his value didnt fall, cause it absolutely did. He hasnt scored a TD in like 15 games and has had a terrible past 2 years. But when we were 0-6, I am sure other teams looked at him as if he was still the 2011 Nicks, or at least had potential to get back there. I still feel like he can, but I also feel like his character took a hit the past few games. Not sure what happened for that Dallas game, but we definitely were not made aware of what really happened.

Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    It's actually playing to our favor he has been hurt so much
    It will drive down his market value. If I were Reese I'd go for an early signing of 3 to 5 years but after Coughlin pulled him out of the cowboys game he probably wants to look for a better situation
    No it isnt. There will still be that one team who way over pays him. There always is.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Im not saying his value didnt fall, cause it absolutely did. He hasnt scored a TD in like 15 games and has had a terrible past 2 years. But when we were 0-6, I am sure other teams looked at him as if he was still the 2011 Nicks, or at least had potential to get back there. I still feel like he can, but I also feel like his character took a hit the past few games. Not sure what happened for that Dallas game, but we definitely were not made aware of what really happened.
    I guess this comes under the heading of "strike while the iron is hot"
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Go back and look at the first round selections for the past five years. You have about a 50/50 chance of getting an impact player.

So give up a franchise QB who has taken us to 2 SB's for what? A 50/50 shot of getting a good player?

It would be different if we were getting the number 1 or 2 pick in a Luck/RGIII type QB draft . . . .
    Eli didn't "give us" 2 SBs unless you believe Trent Dilfer gave the Rvens their SB in 2000. You grossly underestimate the talent we had on our team on 2007 and Eli was more of a supporting part than any type of main cog. Just MO.

Quote Originally Posted by dillyyo2013 View Post
    Eli didn't "give us" 2 SBs unless you believe Trent Dilfer gave the Rvens their SB in 2000. You grossly underestimate the talent we had on our team on 2007 and Eli was more of a supporting part than any type of main cog. Just MO.
    Re-read the post, he never claimed Eli "gave" them 2 SB's.

Eli is Elite when he has blocking and a RB
    he is too immobile to overcome not having both of those
    That's it in a nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by dillyyo2013 View Post
    maybe you dont remember the playoffs in 07....Eli was a key part to that drive to the SB and way more than a supporting member
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Go back and look at the first round selections for the past five years. You have about a 50/50 chance of getting an impact player.

So give up a franchise QB who has taken us to 2 SB's for what? A 50/50 shot of getting a good player?

It would be different if we were getting the number 1 or 2 pick in a Luck/RGIII type QB draft . . . .

Even if we got an impact player, what do we do at QB? McNabb?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Re-read the post, he never claimed Eli "gave" them 2 SB's.
    "So give up a franchise QB who has taken us to 2 SB's for what? A 50/50 shot of getting a good player?"

Seems like he is saying Eli has taken us to 2 SBs. Are you telling me you believe Eli is that good that we couldn't likely land a potential SB qb in the top part of the draft? Where was Brady picked? How about Montana, Rodgers, etc? Fact is there is nothing in Eli's stats that tell me he is a QB that most people would build around. He gets credit for the SBs because this league and it's fans have always held the QB as the proxy for all things good. Fact is Eli is probably the worst modern day QB to win 2 SBs.

I like Eli, but to sit here and act like its unlikely we find an equivalent talent out of the draft is a joke.