+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    Eli is Elite when he has blocking and a RB
    he is too immobile to overcome not having both of those
    That's it in a nutshell
    He's very good when most things are perfect for him.

Quote Originally Posted by dillyyo2013 View Post
    He's very good when most things are perfect for him.
    LOL Me too
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    maybe you dont remember the playoffs in 07....Eli was a key part to that drive to the SB and way more than a supporting member
    I was shocked at the way he and Plax were able to hook-up so often in the GB game considering the weather conditions. I really wasn't sure that a kid from NO would be able to hold-up in those conditions, and am still wondering today how they did it.

maybe you dont remember the playoffs in 07....Eli was a key part to that drive to the SB and way more than a supporting member
    I do remember that run and I do remember some of the spectacular catches our receivers made on badly thrown balls. I also remember our D picking off Brette favre to win the game in GB. Like I said, Eli was an important part because he is the QB and all goes through him, but he is not an elite QB. By far.

Banned
    The only question I'd have is how long could I laugh in that GM's face before I needed a breath. 1st round picks are still big gambles

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    LOL Me too
    That's why you're on here with me and not in the NFL. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
    I was shocked at the way he and Plax were able to hook-up so often in the GB game considering the weather conditions. I really wasn't sure that a kid from NO would be able to hold-up in those conditions, and am still wondering today how they did it.
    when they asked Eli about that he said he had a few secrets to keep the cold at bay...

that game and that whole playoff run was great
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

That's why you're on here with me and not in the NFL. LOL
    I knew there was a reason
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

"So give up a franchise QB who has taken us to 2 SB's for what? A 50/50 shot of getting a good player?"

Seems like he is saying Eli has taken us to 2 SBs. Are you telling me you believe Eli is that good that we couldn't likely land a potential SB qb in the top part of the draft? Where was Brady picked? How about Montana, Rodgers, etc? Fact is there is nothing in Eli's stats that tell me he is a QB that most people would build around. He gets credit for the SBs because this league and it's fans have always held the QB as the proxy for all things good. Fact is Eli is probably the worst modern day QB to win 2 SBs.

I like Eli, but to sit here and act like its unlikely we find an equivalent talent out of the draft is a joke.
    Give up a franchise player is not the same as "Eli has given us 2 SB's."

And now you are jumping to conclusions. Nobody ever claimed that Eli cannot and will not be replaced. Our OL need to be rebuilt...it's obviously affecting his play. We all know Eli is capable of playing much better than this when he has blockers and a go to WR.

By the way, if you don't believe that Eli was a part of those 2 SB runs then fine. Obviously many fans and the Giants organization do.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Veteran
    when they asked Eli about that he said he had a few secrets to keep the cold at bay...

that game and that whole playoff run was great
    They really were. I get goose bumps right now when I think about that fade to Plax in the corner and the ball nestling in his hands...which, btw, could have been thrown better...and the realization that they just might win this thing.