+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 48

Thread: Giants' Links: Why Has Big Blue's Passing Game Been Grounded?

  1. #31
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Posts
    7,447
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Longer passes = Deep..

    You know I'm right!!! Anyway, we barely passed in the Dallas game at all..which hurt us.
    No deep, intermediate, or short passes were heavily utilized..not even in PA scenarios where we could have killed them.
    They threw the ball 30 times in the Dallas game, which in my opinion was too much considering the weather conditions and the success of the running game. They also ran the ball 30 times, so they were well balanced, but they certainly didn't abandon the passing game.

    I agree that PA would have been very successful had they used it, considering they gained more per run than they did per pass.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

  2. #32
    All-Pro FBomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    28,449
    It's all a ruse....they want to keep Nicks down to avoid a big payday. ;-)
    #80

  3. #33
    All-Pro egyptian420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    12,078
    Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    It's all a ruse....they want to keep Nicks down to avoid a big payday. ;-)
    lol can't believe some people actually believe that.....we're going to blow a season so we can sign a guy for the future....even our mayor on a crack and alcohol binge wouldn't believe that nonsense

  4. #34
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Posts
    35,536
    Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    They threw the ball 30 times in the Dallas game, which in my opinion was too much considering the weather conditions and the success of the running game. They also ran the ball 30 times, so they were well balanced, but they certainly didn't abandon the passing game.

    I agree that PA would have been very successful had they used it, considering they gained more per run than they did per pass.
    I guess that's what I mean.

    We could have really destroyed them through the air off of play action. We didn't utilize the play action enough to catch them off guard. With a strong running performance and our red zone woes, it would of been the perfect game for that.

    I didn't see much of the deep bombs that we're accustomed of seeing, which I'm not complaining, but again..play action could of killed them.
    #80 = Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.
    #13 = Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    11,197
    Because we have the NFLs oldest and worst coaching staff

    For gaming, personnel, play calling, blitzes, long passes, short passes, tight coverage, deep coverage and on and on and on

    They get it right about 50% of the time and take all 30 seconds on the clock to get it wrong Half the time

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Left tackle Will Beatty has allowed a team-high 10 sacks.
    Beatty is the biggest problem, he has to go. So does Reese for giving him that contract. Anyone watched this week's NFC playbook on NFL channel? They really exposed Beatty and the clips they used from the Skins' game were pretty embarrassing and pathetic.

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    Because we have the NFLs oldest and worst coaching staff

    For gaming, personnel, play calling, blitzes, long passes, short passes, tight coverage, deep coverage and on and on and on

    They get it right about 50% of the time and take all 30 seconds on the clock to get it wrong Half the time
    No doubt, better coaching would help this team. We obviously need some better talent, but coaching can get you over the hump and focus on your strengths. We certainly don't do that.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    11,197
    Thanks at least someone on this board watches the games

    Good coaches like Lombardi, Reid, the Tuna, Bellicheat can make a world of difference
    Duikkkkk Vermeil is another one
    Last edited by BParcells777; 12-07-2013 at 01:56 PM.

  9. #39
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jimi Hendrix Sept 18, 1970 RIP
    Posts
    26,855
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Longer passes = Deep..

    You know I'm right!!! Anyway, we barely passed in the Dallas game at all..which hurt us.
    No deep, intermediate, or short passes were heavily utilized..not even in PA scenarios where we could have killed them.
    30 attempts.....thats not "barely".....

    you know I'm right...ha
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  10. #40
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Posts
    35,536
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    30 attempts.....thats not "barely".....

    you know I'm right...ha
    You are right...

    We didn't really throw a lot of deep passes however, that was actually really shocking because their pass defense is very suspect. I would of hoped we would catch them off play action and we didn't.

    You're right though, I forgot it was somewhat balanced, but it sure didn't look like it.
    #80 = Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.
    #13 = Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts