+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 172

Thread: Kubiak just got fired

  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    So he gets the credit for turning schaub into a pro-bowler (the pro bowl means zero anyway, but that's another issue), but takes no blame for how schaub played this year and how the QB situation was handled there? His team flat-out laid down on him. That is very concerning.
    He even pissed Andre Johnson off. Quite an impressive feat considering Andre is known as a rather quiet guy.

  2. #162
    So Gilbride and Coughlin never have pissed off a player
    Give Tiki and Shockey a call

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    So Gilbride and Coughlin never have pissed off a player
    Give Tiki and Shockey a call
    Those two were known for being opinionated, Andre Johnson is not. It'd be like Eli speaking out.

  4. #164
    Sounds like a wuss to me

  5. #165
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Posts
    7,253
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    He did a bang-up job with the QB position in TX this year

    Point taken... but one year doesn't make a career. If it did, you could say the same for KG, Eli certainly isn't impressing anyone this year.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

  6. #166
    All-Pro TCHOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,922
    Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    I agree his offense's performance has been concerning this year. Player talent helps. There is no Arian Foster or AJ in NY. He had a much better run blocking line as well.

    I don' think OC's automatically get credit for players performances. If so, do we give KG credit for Eli's 2 SB years? IDK about that.

    I think Eli is better then Schaub, but the combination of Cruz, Nicks, and Randle, and AB are less than Arian Foster and Andre Johnson.

    No matter who we get, I know we need somebody new, but whoever they are they will need to upgrade the interior of the offensive line.
    In the end, he might not be a bad choice, but there are definitely concerns . ..

  7. #167
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,877
    What are people going to do when Eli's interceptions and poor play continue with the new OC?

    blame the new OC?

    Probably, considering is an 'elite' QB. Right....

    Honestly, I couldn't see truly elite QB's like P. Manning, A. Rodgers, T. Brady every doing this poorly regardless of system.

    People need to understand that Eli is very average. Having scapegoats for Eli (Gilbride) is convenient but of course kind of silly.

    It'll be nice to see how this enfolds and how people on these boards react.

  8. #168
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Posts
    7,253
    Quote Originally Posted by CGYgiant View Post
    What are people going to do when Eli's interceptions and poor play continue with the new OC?

    blame the new OC?

    Probably, considering is an 'elite' QB. Right....

    Honestly, I couldn't see truly elite QB's like P. Manning, A. Rodgers, T. Brady every doing this poorly regardless of system.

    People need to understand that Eli is very average. Having scapegoats for Eli (Gilbride) is convenient but of course kind of silly.

    It'll be nice to see how this enfolds and how people on these boards react.

    In the great debate of execution vs play-calling, we can only look at history... and history shows that the KG system is a feast or famine type of offense... more importantly it shows that it is more dependent on great offensive line play. While I agree that Eli is not Rodger, Peyton or Brady, he is better than he has played this year. Blame the system, or blame the player... or be logical and realize it is both. The problems with KG were most evident during the recent Dallas game where they had a very good running game, but did not use play action to help boost the passing game. They actually went with an empty backfield on 3rd and 2. They didn't even try to pretend there was a threat of a run. Nothing like telegraphing what your going to do!

    I am not an Eli defender, believe me, I have no problem assigning some of the blame to him for the offensive problems, but the plays called have a big impact on the ability of the players to execute the play.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

  9. #169
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Trap house
    Posts
    32,353
    Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    In the great debate of execution vs play-calling, we can only look at history... and history shows that the KG system is a feast or famine type of offense... more importantly it shows that it is more dependent on great offensive line play. While I agree that Eli is not Rodger, Peyton or Brady, he is better than he has played this year. Blame the system, or blame the player... or be logical and realize it is both. The problems with KG were most evident during the recent Dallas game where they had a very good running game, but did not use play action to help boost the passing game. They actually went with an empty backfield on 3rd and 2. They didn't even try to pretend there was a threat of a run. Nothing like telegraphing what your going to do!

    I am not an Eli defender, believe me, I have no problem assigning some of the blame to him for the offensive problems, but the plays called have a big impact on the ability of the players to execute the play.
    Well said.

    If your players are having a difficult time executing the current game plan, you need to adjust. The players didn't just suddenly forget how to play football.

  10. #170
    All-Pro joemorrisforprez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    11,334
    Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    In the great debate of execution vs play-calling, we can only look at history... and history shows that the KG system is a feast or famine type of offense... more importantly it shows that it is more dependent on great offensive line play. While I agree that Eli is not Rodger, Peyton or Brady, he is better than he has played this year. Blame the system, or blame the player... or be logical and realize it is both. The problems with KG were most evident during the recent Dallas game where they had a very good running game, but did not use play action to help boost the passing game. They actually went with an empty backfield on 3rd and 2. They didn't even try to pretend there was a threat of a run. Nothing like telegraphing what your going to do!

    I am not an Eli defender, believe me, I have no problem assigning some of the blame to him for the offensive problems, but the plays called have a big impact on the ability of the players to execute the play.

    Great comments.

    Eli shares the blame and Reese should be criticized for some poor moves. But gilbride doesn't surprise anyone. The route options create some big plays but also some huge mistakes

    Belichick game planned gilbrides system very well and in both SB wins if came down to Eli making huge plays at the end.

    I would like to see a different coordinator before Eli retires
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

    - Emlen Tunnell

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts