+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Yeah well he won 2 SB with Denver and one with San Fran when he was QB coach.He was AFC of yr in 2011 with texans.@012 they finished 12/4.So because now hes having a hard time trying to be HC and calling plays u wouldnt want him.Didnt Sean Garrett try to do same thing.
    "it don't cost you nothing to be nice"

He's got to be better than Kevin

I'm better than Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    He's got to be better than Kevin

I'm better than Kevin
    That's not saying much.
    I thought we had something special!!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    Kubiak was the primary play caller. He pulled Keenum twice this year when he wasn't playing bad for 32 year old Schaub. Between his play calling and putting in pick-6 Schaub when the season is over, there is no way I would want him as Giants OC. His decision making is terrible.
    I love how in every thread on this you only point to this season and completely disregard what Kubiak has accomplished in his past. I put all the stats in the other thread where you were spewing this non-sense but just in case others don't read it I want to spare them the infection of this ignorance.

Kubiak's Texans were ranked in the Top 10 on offense FOUR times in his tenure since 2006 and once was ranked 12. The only time he was ranked in the bottom of the league was his first year when the team was ranked 28.

Let alone winning 2 Super Bowls as OC in Denver and 1 Super Bowl as QB Coach in SF.

Is he having a bad year? Yeah…but thats not on him completely. This team has played putrid. You want to fault him for playing Schaub but he has NO ONE else. No one. You want Keenum in, great. Go post your resume on the Texans website. Kubiak isn't the no nothing hack you paint him to be.

Quote Originally Posted by ImElectric2 View Post
    I love how in every thread on this you only point to this season and completely disregard what Kubiak has accomplished in his past. I put all the stats in the other thread where you were spewing this non-sense but just in case others don't read it I want to spare them the infection of this ignorance.

Kubiak's Texans were ranked in the Top 10 on offense FOUR times in his tenure since 2006 and once was ranked 12. The only time he was ranked in the bottom of the league was his first year when the team was ranked 28.

Let alone winning 2 Super Bowls as OC in Denver and 1 Super Bowl as QB Coach in SF.

Is he having a bad year? Yeah…but thats not on him completely. This team has played putrid. You want to fault him for playing Schaub but he has NO ONE else. No one. You want Keenum in, great. Go post your resume on the Texans website. Kubiak isn't the no nothing hack you paint him to be.
    That has nothing to do with Kubiak. It's a what have you done lately environment
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Looks like they combined the threads. If you want the stats I posted you can go back a page.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    That has nothing to do with Kubiak. It's a what have you done lately environment
    The offensive rank has nothing to do with Kubiak?

First of all, play calling and OC is different.

List of Texans OCs since Kubiak was HC:

Troy Calhoun (2006)
    Mike Sherman (2007)
    Kyle Shanahan (2008–2009)
    Rick Dennison (2010–Present)

But let's play your game and see how "bad" Kubiak's Texans ranked offensively during his tenure (excluding this year):

2006 Rank # 28 (his first year taking over a bad team)
    2007 Rank # 12
    2008 Rank # 17
    2009 Rank # 10
    2010 Rank # 9
    2011 Rank # 10
    2012 Rank # 8

So, minus this disaster of a year, FOUR (4) times the Texans ranked in the Top 10 in the whole league and once they were ranked 12. In 2008 the team was middle of the pack at 17 but considering that was only 2 years removed from the number 28 ranking I'd say he did a fairly good job turning that offense around, especially once he got some real players on the field.

But please, continue to tell everyone how bad he's been.
    The complaint with Gilbride is his play calling
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

If we're going to hire an OC based upon what he has done in his past, why not keep Gilbride?

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    The complaint with Gilbride is his play calling
    K.

And Kubiak is a superior play caller to Gilbride. And that's not even close to the argument I'm making in the post you quoted.

He's saying that Kubiak is HC and OC. He's not. And there's a difference between a coach who calls plays and a coach has a dual role as an OC. You disagree with this premise?