+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    If we're going to hire an OC based upon what he has done in his past, why not keep Gilbride?
    Because Gilbride's past includes the Atlanta game from last LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    If we're going to hire an OC based upon what he has done in his past, why not keep Gilbride?
    And the inability to make in-game adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by ImElectric2 View Post
    The offensive rank has nothing to do with Kubiak?
    No, his whole body of work has nothing to do with most of the responses you will read.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

K.

And Kubiak is a superior play caller to Gilbride. And that's not even close to the argument I'm making in the post you quoted.

He's saying that Kubiak is HC and OC. He's not. And there's a difference between a coach who calls plays and a coach has a dual role as an OC. You disagree with this premise?
    No, they are both play callers regardless of their titles.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    No, they are both play callers regardless of their titles.
    So in your eyes an OC just calls plays then?

This is not the point. The point is PRIMARY PLAYCALLER Kubiak's decision making and play calling have been terrible this year. It was so bad the owner couldn't even wait until the end of the year to fire him. Why on earth would you want that guy as the Giants OC? Lunacy!

Not at all, I am suggesting that's the common link in what they are doing this season. I apologize for commenting

# 80

This from wikipedia (little lazy right now)....

Kubiak won his first Super Bowl serving as the quarterbacks coach for the San Francisco 49ers in 1994,[5] guiding Hall of Fame quarterback Steve Young to one of his best seasons. Young received his second NFL MVP and captured Super Bowl XXIX MVP honors by throwing a record six touchdowns in San Francisco’s 49–26 win over the San Diego Chargers.

Offensive Coordinator[edit]

Kubiak went to the Broncos the following season when Mike Shanahan, who was previously the 49ers offensive coordinator, became Denver's head coach.[6] In 11 seasons (1995–2005) as the team's offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach, Kubiak helped lead Denver to two Super Bowl titles.

In his 11 seasons with the team, the Broncos amassed 66,501 total yards and 465 touchdowns, the most in the NFL during that span. He coached 14 different Broncos that made the Pro Bowl, including running back Terrell Davis, who was named the NFL MVP in 1998.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Kubiak
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    This from wikipedia (little lazy right now)....
    one thing that really intrigues me about kubiak is the zone blocking scheme that can take almost any back and turn them into a 1000yrd rusher.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Not at all, I am suggesting that's the common link in what they are doing this season. I apologize for commenting
    Gotcha. I'm just trying to understand where you're coming from, that's all.