+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ImElectric2 View Post
    Gotcha. I'm just trying to understand where you're coming from, that's all.
    No to worry, I'll stay clear
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    This from wikipedia (little lazy right now)....
    This is what I'm saying. Dude knows offense. He's consistent (something I don't think Gilbride has been). How is it that he helps offenses do great things year after year but isn't considered anything special? Its baffling to me.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    No to worry, I'll stay clear
    BUT I WANT TO BE FRIENDS. (so long as you agree with me on EVERYTHING!!)

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatone View Post
    one thing that really intrigues me about kubiak is the zone blocking scheme that can take almost any back and turn them into a 1000yrd rusher.
    I agree. I like the zone blocking scheme. I wonder how it would work with our offensive players.

I can't see The New York Giants running a west coast offense.

Quote Originally Posted by ImElectric2 View Post
    I love how in every thread on this you only point to this season and completely disregard what Kubiak has accomplished in his past. I put all the stats in the other thread where you were spewing this non-sense but just in case others don't read it I want to spare them the infection of this ignorance.

Kubiak's Texans were ranked in the Top 10 on offense FOUR times in his tenure since 2006 and once was ranked 12. The only time he was ranked in the bottom of the league was his first year when the team was ranked 28.

Let alone winning 2 Super Bowls as OC in Denver and 1 Super Bowl as QB Coach in SF.

Is he having a bad year? Yeah…but thats not on him completely. This team has played putrid. You want to fault him for playing Schaub but he has NO ONE else. No one. You want Keenum in, great. Go post your resume on the Texans website. Kubiak isn't the no nothing hack you paint him to be.
    But this same argument could be made for KG. Since 2007 his offense has been in the top 10 in points 5 times and top 10 in yards 4 times. He also has 2 SB victories as OC. Both much more recent than Kubiaks last one. That is just with the Giants. He had top 5 offenses with the Oilers.

Has he had a bad year? Yeah, but thats not on him completely. His QB is not playing well and he has no OL. I don't see how Kubiak is any bit of an upgrade to what we have currently.

They're not kidding when they say "what have you done for me lately"....this guy was in the playoffs last year and he's canned mid-way through this year just like that. And I don't blame them, Texans and the Falcons have been the biggest let downs this year by far.

I really wouldn't mind seeing him replace KG if it comes down to it but I doubt KG goes anywhere as long as Coughlin is here. And Coughlin isn't leaving, nor do I want him to.
    Odell Beckham Junior: The future of the Giants

Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    I'd take honey over everyone up to and including Reese

We could just have honey throw darts at the top prospects and do better

Btw the Wall Street journal once did that and the darts outpaced the best mutual funds for that year

At least honey would not draft every DE. In the NCAAs
    Maybe Honey would sign your boyfriend torain so you guys could finally be happy back together

Quote Originally Posted by jwhorner6 View Post
    But this same argument could be made for KG. Since 2007 his offense has been in the top 10 in points 5 times and top 10 in yards 4 times. He also has 2 SB victories as OC. Both much more recent than Kubiaks last one. That is just with the Giants. He had top 5 offenses with the Oilers.

Has he had a bad year? Yeah, but thats not on him completely. His QB is not playing well and he has no OL. I don't see how Kubiak is any bit of an upgrade to what we have currently.
    When everything works perfectly, the system is very effective.

My complaints are:

a) When things don't go right, they go horribly wrong......how many Pick-6 plays on option route miscommunications do we need to see?

b) An over-reliance on wide receivers....this offense is a pass-first offense, which I've always disliked. It doens't really play into NY weather, either.

c) Too much stress on the offensive line......our line is bad to begin with.

d) Lack of creativity....no trick plays, very few reverses, counters......screenplays are awful.

e) Too time consuming.....trouble getting plays in from sidelines, numerous delay of game penalties.

f) Predictable.....same play calls every game, every season.

g) Unintuitive.....sometimes plays are called that defy explanation given down and distance, (passing long on 3rd and short), weather (throwing long into swirling winds), time (calling pass plays late with a lead when eating time off the clock is important).

I will say this....I don't blame Gilbride nearly as much for this season as Reese. In my opinion, Gilbride is mainly try to deal with a substandard roster that has degraded over time.

But I also think a more creative, more spontaneous coordinator would help improve this team. I'm very confident a better coordinator would have brutally exploited Dallas's non-existent run defense, and would have carved up their linebackers with play-action passes to running backs and tight ends.

In my opinion, Reese and Gilbride are the 2 biggest reasons why this team is on the outside looking in right now.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by B-Red22 View Post
    Maybe Honey would sign your boyfriend torain so you guys could finally be happy back together
    Maybe she would

If she has any sense at all................instead of having a very very very very very very SMALL MAN start at RB for the 1st 5 games
    Even Honey could see through that sort of stupidity