+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 172
  1. #141
    All-Pro B&RWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    7,840
    I don't think we have the personnel to run Kubiak's system. You need a good power blocking line. That aint us right now.
    In the tough times we find out who we are.

  2. #142
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Posts
    6,954
    Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    absolutely because football is won in the trenches, not a the QB postion, and we we annihilated their trenches that day.......we settled for 5 FGs but had we gotten TDs we would have won by 35 as their only TD came on a bothched snap
    While I agree that games are won in the trenches, I have to disagree with your overall statement. It absolutely makes a difference who the QB is, if it didn't why would teams spend so much to have a franchise QB? Is GB as good without Rodgers? No, and we have seen that quite clearly this year. Would the Giants be OK letting Eli go and throwing in Nassib? I know... some would probably argue yes, but any sane individual realizes that isn't very likely.

    The Eagles are clearly better with Foles than Barkley, in fact they are better with Foles than Vick. Every aspect of the team is important.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

  3. #143
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,635
    I typically think coaches often get too much blame.....but in this case I cant recall seeing such a talented team play so bad. What were you doing kubiak?

    I dont want someone capable of that kind of ineptness even coaching a pop warner team

    I believe even someone like me who has consistently failed at every aspect of life in magnitudes unheard of since the plight of job could have at least gotten twice as many wins out of that squad

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    While I agree that games are won in the trenches, I have to disagree with your overall statement. It absolutely makes a difference who the QB is, if it didn't why would teams spend so much to have a franchise QB? Is GB as good without Rodgers? No, and we have seen that quite clearly this year. Would the Giants be OK letting Eli go and throwing in Nassib? I know... some would probably argue yes, but any sane individual realizes that isn't very likely.

    The Eagles are clearly better with Foles than Barkley, in fact they are better with Foles than Vick. Every aspect of the team is important.
    They had Vick...as usual he did not last long in a Giants game..........he we need to make no excuses about who the other team plays .......its out of our control

    The way we played the last Eagles game I would say it was lucky for Foles he was not on the field rather than vice versa

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by DSP View Post
    I typically think coaches often get too much blame.....but in this case I cant recall seeing such a talented team play so bad. What were you doing kubiak?

    I dont want someone capable of that kind of ineptness even coaching a pop warner team

    I believe even someone like me who has consistently failed at every aspect of life in magnitudes unheard of since the plight of job could have at least gotten twice as many wins out of that squad
    I have to think that the decision to keep Keenum at QB over Matt Schaub was a bad decision and might have caused his firing, Keenum is going to be a good QB some day but not today, he still needs a lot of work, but Schaub is the veteran and has already shown what he can do, Schaub was having a few bad games but not so much as to lose his job permanently....

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    I don't think we have the personnel to run Kubiak's system. You need a good power blocking line. That aint us right now.
    the opposite is true. you need more athletic OL that can even be a little undersized. he uses the zone block scheme.

  7. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    Why would anyone want a guy who has accomplished NOTHING in this league as an OC? The thinks posted here never cease to amaze me.
    what???????

    lol. completely baseless statement. so ironic to be honest...in a funny way.

  8. #148
    All-Pro B&RWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    7,840
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    the opposite is true. you need more athletic OL that can even be a little undersized. he uses the zone block scheme.
    Whatever they are they are good at it. I wouldn't trust this O-line with anything. I think Beatty and Pugh could work well in a zone blocking scheme. Still, that just 2 out of 5 linemen. I don't think the interior of our line will excel in any scheme. Bass is as slow footed as the come. Snee is old now. Boothe is mediocre.

    Zone blocking doesn't solve the problem of lack of talent on our line.
    In the tough times we find out who we are.

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    Whatever they are they are good at it. I wouldn't trust this O-line with anything. I think Beatty and Pugh could work well in a zone blocking scheme. Still, that just 2 out of 5 linemen. I don't think the interior of our line will excel in any scheme. Bass is as slow footed as the come. Snee is old now. Boothe is mediocre.

    Zone blocking doesn't solve the problem of lack of talent on our line.
    id still wat a new interior of the OL. and, maybe he would incorporate zone blocking concepts with power run blocking concepts...who knows this is all hypothetical...

  10. #150
    All-Pro B&RWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    7,840
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    id still wat a new interior of the OL. and, maybe he would incorporate zone blocking concepts with power run blocking concepts...who knows this is all hypothetical...
    We'll get something good in the draft. I'm hoping we trade down and get the best guard available, unless they see a DE with star potential.
    In the tough times we find out who we are.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts