+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Kubiak just got fired

Would LOVE to get Gary Kubiak as the OC, did not work out as a Head Coach but still a excellent OC and QB Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    Would LOVE to get Gary Kubiak as the OC, did not work out as a Head Coach but still a excellent OC and QB Coach
    He did a bang-up job with the QB position in TX this year

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Exactly.

I laugh at all the people here who want Kubiak as the OC. Kubiak looked like a deer in headlights last night. Faced with adversity, the guy choked. Why put an old QB Schaub, who is clearly done in Houston, back in the game when the team is playing for next year and you need to find out about Keenum....were the chances better with a guy who is known for pic sixes....Kubiak thought so. I don't want a guy who makes that kind of a decision as OC of the Giants. It makes Gilbride look like a genius. And I'm a big believer in continuity, just improve the OL and Gilbride is good enough to win multiple super bowls.

Ray Handley could have won multiple super bowls with those Denver teams.

u do realize, he turned the qb u see before you this year with shaub, and made him a pro bowler who was up there in almost every statistical category with the best of them for 3-4 years straight, right?

the dude had a seizure. and, there is tons of issues wrong with that team just like there is with ours. i for one would be excited and optimistic where we to hire him as OC.

anyone doubting him as an OC doesnt know what the heck they're talkin about. this guy was the OC/QB coach for elway and young in their best years as pro's...that aint a coincidence. he took shaub and maximized the potential and got the backup from atl to look like a franchise qb, thats not a coincidence. aryan foster=udfa who led the league in rushing...not a coincidence....Andre Johnson, fastest wr to like 1000 catches or something since Jerry Rice...not a coincidence...the dude knows offense. as a HC? not so much. OC. heck yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    u do realize, he turned the qb u see before you this year with shaub, and made him a pro bowler who was up there in almost every statistical category with the best of them for 3-4 years straight, right?

the dude had a seizure. and, there is tons of issues wrong with that team just like there is with ours. i for one would be excited and optimistic where we to hire him as OC.

anyone doubting him as an OC doesnt know what the heck they're talkin about. this guy was the OC/QB coach for elway and young in their best years as pro's...that aint a coincidence. he took shaub and maximized the potential and got the backup from atl to look like a franchise qb, thats not a coincidence. aryan foster=udfa who led the league in rushing...not a coincidence....Andre Johnson, fastest wr to like 1000 catches or something since Jerry Rice...not a coincidence...the dude knows offense. as a HC? not so much. OC. heck yeah.
    LOL
    Matt Schaub sets record with a pick-six in fourth straight game
    http://nfl.si.com/2013/10/06/matt-sc...ouston-texans/

Firing Kubiak Is Right
    Gary Kubiak is fired: Case Keenum treatment seals his doom as Bob McNair does the right thing
    http://houston.culturemap.com/news/s...e-right-thing/

Kubiak for Giants OC...brilliant Giants fans clamor for Kubiak

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    We'll get something good in the draft. I'm hoping we trade down and get the best guard available, unless they see a DE with star potential.
    I dont want to see them go DE again and neglect the other side of the line. JPP could be completely fresh next year and they have a good rotation at DT. I think its time to part with tuck but with beason taking command of the D more and more I dont think the D line is as pressing a need anymore. If the O can keep the D off the field more and fresh they can only get better

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post

So he gets the credit for turning schaub into a pro-bowler (the pro bowl means zero anyway, but that's another issue), but takes no blame for how schaub played this year and how the QB situation was handled there? His team flat-out laid down on him. That is very concerning.

So he gets the credit for turning schaub into a pro-bowler (the pro bowl means zero anyway, but that's another issue), but takes no blame for how schaub played this year and how the QB situation was handled there? His team flat-out laid down on him. That is very concerning.
    I agree his offense's performance has been concerning this year. Player talent helps. There is no Arian Foster or AJ in NY. He had a much better run blocking line as well.

I don' think OC's automatically get credit for players performances. If so, do we give KG credit for Eli's 2 SB years? IDK about that.

I think Eli is better then Schaub, but the combination of Cruz, Nicks, and Randle, and AB are less than Arian Foster and Andre Johnson.

No matter who we get, I know we need somebody new, but whoever they are they will need to upgrade the interior of the offensive line.
    In the tough times we find out who we are.

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    I agree his offense's performance has been concerning this year. Player talent helps. There is no Arian Foster or AJ in NY. He had a much better run blocking line as well.

I don' think OC's automatically get credit for players performances. If so, do we give KG credit for Eli's 2 SB years? IDK about that.

I think Eli is better then Schaub, but the combination of Cruz, Nicks, and Randle, and AB are less than Arian Foster and Andre Johnson.

No matter who we get, I know we need somebody new, but whoever they are they will need to upgrade the interior of the offensive line.
    I don't give credit to the OC for players performance, I give it to him and the other coaches. Yet I look at the plays and play calling to determine how good a OC is. KG had a lot of success and Eli had a lot of different receivers come and go and Eli is still doing alright until this year.

Well my name ends in ........iak too so he must be a bright lad. That's right I'm a Polish Genius
    Bring him in as an offensive consultant for the rest of the year if Houston will still pay his salary for the rest of his guarantee

We can give him an extra 13 dollars per hour

+ Reply to Thread