+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Kubiak just got fired

Quote Originally Posted by giantsforce View Post
    There you go! You've got it. First of all Coughlin will not get rid of Killdrive or PF. Second, no OC worth his salt will come to work for Coughlin knowing that Coughlin has only one year left in his contract, unless he is promised to be the next HC and knowing the Giants, this is not going to happen. So, either way we are stuck with the 3 stooges for at least another year.
    Coughlin's hand may be forced this year, if you know what I mean...I just have a hunch.

Quote Originally Posted by STAR View Post
    Assuming this hypothetical happened, who do we bring in for DC? Spags didn't workout well in New Orleans, but had it right when he was here. Or?
    I say we stick with Fewell, he has the defense firing on all cylanders for the past 7 weeks, and if he continues, why not.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsforce View Post
    There you go! You've got it. First of all Coughlin will not get rid of Killdrive or PF. Second, no OC worth his salt will come to work for Coughlin knowing that Coughlin has only one year left in his contract, unless he is promised to be the next HC and knowing the Giants, this is not going to happen. So, either way we are stuck with the 3 stooges for at least another year.
    Would you be opposed to Coughlin getting a contract extension to entice an OC to come work for him?

Quote Originally Posted by NYGFaninILL View Post
    I say we stick with Fewell, he has the defense firing on all cylanders for the past 7 weeks, and if he continues, why not.
    +1....The problem with this year's team is not the defense
    Odell Beckham Junior: The future of the Giants

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGFaninILL View Post
    Yes! that prevent defense against the cowboys worked great!!!! Cowboys were the first team the Giants lost to with a real QB, not a backup.

Quote Originally Posted by flashnando View Post
    Yes! that prevent defense against the cowboys worked great!!!! Cowboys were the first team the Giants lost to with a real QB, not a backup.
    Hey, give Romo some credit, they weren't in a prevent and Romo made fantastic, pin-point throws. If you blame the Cowboys loss on the defense you didn't see the whole game. They gave up 17 points to a top teir offensive team.

Keep KG, The system works. We need to re-build the offensive line... Our offense would put up lackluster numbers no matter who was calling plays with this personnel.

Antrel asks fans to "please stick with us" and when it's over "we'll all celebrate together."

Stop Booing Tiki Barber.

Id really take any other OC over KG right now... Just to see... Craz thing is I could excuse a bad season or 2 with a new guy... But after 10 years in the same system???

Maybe we just should be happy and consider ourselves lucky to have 2 SB wins under this staff... I do think its the last ones they will get...
    I want to see Eli in a new system before I throw in the towel in him. (1-15-14)

*** OK I have seen it and I'm a bit worried *** (8-30-14)

***** I'm not as worried after all ***** (9-26-14)

Get well #80!

Quote Originally Posted by NYGisBallin View Post
    Keep KG, The system works. We need to re-build the offensive line... Our offense would put up lackluster numbers no matter who was calling plays with this personnel.
    This is do agree with... The only way for KG system to work is stack the oline and JR just isnt going to do that... He still wants a doninant D (even though most of the $ is being spent on O)...
    I want to see Eli in a new system before I throw in the towel in him. (1-15-14)

*** OK I have seen it and I'm a bit worried *** (8-30-14)

***** I'm not as worried after all ***** (9-26-14)

Get well #80!

HaAll you have to do is listen what our opponent in Philadelphia said (Chip Kelly) when he said statistics in a coordinator don't matter, because those statistics MAY be either high or low due to the players. He said "If I were to look at a team that led in a certain category, I think I'd want the players he has, not necessarily the coach." Too busy to find the link, you'll it at NFL network. SMART comments. Gilbride is PART of the problem. Reese is the BIGGER problem. Rebuild the line and let Nicks go, have a sit down with KG and I'm fine with him staying one more year with TC.
    Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray Handjob. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

+ Reply to Thread