+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    +1....how about against Chicago when Eli threw 3 picks and Wilson wasn't even playing in that game. People need to stop with the excuses for Eli.
    actually this started with Jakk getting back on the wagon of Wilson being the reason they started 0-6...
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by NYGFaninILL View Post
    I still say we hire Jon Gruden, who has always wanted to coach the Giants. and make him our offensive cooridantor and as a next in line for Coughlins Retirement party.
    no. I'd take cowher. whether or not he has been out of football a while it is like riding a bike. no gruden.
    Formerly Brandon Jacobs

I'm pretty much ready for a new offensive system. I've supported KG over the years, but for the past couple of seasons now you can just tell that teams know exactly what the Giants are trying to do, how they plan on doing it, and how to counteract it.

Kubiak would be very good upgrade at OC. Any guy that could make Bob Griese and Jake Plummer look like competent QBs', know what their doing.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    He most likely is done at Houston. He is an offensive coach who was OC for guys like Elway when he was playing some of his best ball. He's been a QB coach and OC and had tremendous success at those positions.

He philosophically features a strong run game that utilizes PA passes. while he likes to have a QB who can roll out, and Eli isnt the most mobile guy, i think he could handle that aspect of Kubiaks offense. and his offense would be a change of pace compared to KGs in that Kubiak tries to design the plays to create the seperation, whereas KG is relying on the receivers post snap to get the separation by breaking down what the D is doing. I guess itd be better summed up Kubiak will try to design plays that dictate to the D what they can do whereas KG "designs" plays that react off what the D is doing.

I dunno, I'd be pretty optimistic where we able to get Kubiak as the OC and I think he would take the job too.
    Based on your opinion, which I have no reason to distrust, I think it's an interesting argument.

And I agree Eli is definitely capable of moving around....it just has to be a designed thing....Eli is always looking to get the ball out to a receiver, which is the main reason he's not a scrambler.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Based on your opinion, which I have no reason to distrust, I think it's an interesting argument.

And I agree Eli is definitely capable of moving around....it just has to be a designed thing....Eli is always looking to get the ball out to a receiver, which is the main reason he's not a scrambler.
    u can see how it would be an intriguing possibility right? with shaub, the had one of the most potent offenses for a good 2-3 year span. his history is immense as well. working with elway when elway finally got the job done. imo, he has aspects that are effective that are similar to shannahans offense, without the junk that i dont find appealing. a strong run game to setup the PA/downfield attack. and, he still is creative in spreading the formations out and creating mismatches.

and the one thing above the others, kubiak wont have the wr's and qb performing an IQ test post snap near the extent of KGs offense.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue@NYC View Post
    I'm pretty much ready for a new offensive system. I've supported KG over the years, but for the past couple of seasons now you can just tell that teams know exactly what the Giants are trying to do, how they plan on doing it, and how to counteract it.

Kubiak would be very good upgrade at OC. Any guy that could make Bob Griese and Jake Plummer look like competent QBs', know what their doing.
    yeah. anyone hating on him as an OC doesnt know what they're talking about. he was one of the most successful OCs/QB coaches of the last 20 yrs or so...and that isnt an overstatement either.

I love this idea. I wonder if he'd take it, but I'd have to believe so as the level of stress probably wouldn't be as great as it is on a head coach (speaking to his health scare this past year).

I think his offense scheme would be great here. Not sure I agree with the post about us coming to hate playaction passes on 3rd downs…especially if our ground game is as effective as its been the past couple of weeks and we have a new interior lineman or 2.

I'm all for Kubs to take over for Gilbride.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    u can see how it would be an intriguing possibility right? with shaub, the had one of the most potent offenses for a good 2-3 year span. his history is immense as well. working with elway when elway finally got the job done. imo, he has aspects that are effective that are similar to shannahans offense, without the junk that i dont find appealing. a strong run game to setup the PA/downfield attack. and, he still is creative in spreading the formations out and creating mismatches.

and the one thing above the others, kubiak wont have the wr's and qb performing an IQ test post snap near the extent of KGs offense.
    Absolutely, bro.

Listen, John Elway was one of the most physically-gifted QBs I ever saw play, and he won jack **** until the Broncos retooled that offense into a run-first system that revolved around Terrell Davis. When they did that, Elways won 2 Super Bowls when he was entering into the tail-end of his career.

Give me a veteran QB, with play-action behind a dominant run offense, add a decent defense, and you've got a legitimate Super Bowl contender.

Eli has maybe 4-6 solid years left. I think we as fans have sort of lucked out that this team has been talented enough to win 2 Super Bowls with Gilbride's system.......and both those wins happened at the end of the game, when they had to let Eli be Eli.

For what it's worth, Joe Montana and Jerry Rice would be lethal in Gilbride's system......but look around and tell me if we have that sort of football IQ on this team.

It's time to change gears, and that means changing the OC.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 12-05-2013 at 04:06 PM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Veteran
    Where can I apply for the OC job ????? I think it's time to take my talents to New Jersey ����

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Absolutely, bro.

Listen, John Elway was one of the most physically-gifted QBs I ever saw play, and he won jack **** until the Broncos retooled that offense into a run-first system that revolved around Terrell Davis. When they did that, Elways won 2 Super Bowls when he was entering into the tail-end of his career.

Give me a veteran QB, with play-action behind a dominant run offense, add a decent defense, and you've got a legitimate Super Bowl contender.

Eli has maybe 4-6 solid years left. I think we as fans have sort of lucked out that this team has been talented enough to win 2 Super Bowls with Gilbride's system.......and both those wins happened at the end of the game, when they had to let Eli be Eli.

For what it's worth, Joe Montana and Jerry Rice would be lethal in Gilbride's system......but look around and tell me if we have that sort of football IQ on this team.

It's time to change gears, and that means changing the OC.
    So much win in this post. Couldn't agree more.