+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants' RT Justin Pugh Compares Favorably So Far To Chargers' DJ Fluker

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    Barrett Jones' "versatility" has gotten him nothing. He's a third string OL for STL.
    lmao

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    bad value pick
    didnt follow the conforms of drafting 101
    could have gotten him in the second round (although the Bears would have taken him with the next pick)
    you never ever take a RT with the first pick
    JR messed up with not getting Winston so he HAD to pick Pugh

above are just some of the things the drafting gurus pissed and moaned about
    I moaned because they passed on Cordy Glenn the year before to take David Wilson. i thought he was a better prospect and a better value pick then where Pugh was taken. Thats where my complaints stemmed from.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I moaned because they passed on Cordy Glenn the year before to take Wilson.
    Wilson will payoff Redeye if he can come back from the spinal stenosis. We never saw the guy get 20 carries in a game. Patience young Skywalker.
    In the tough times we find out who we are.

What worries me is that Beatty has had trouble dealing with speed rushers of late as well as the power rushers. I'd like to see Pugh at LT.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    If I recall correctly, one of Pugh's upside qualities was he has played all line position except for center. SO, it might not be as much of a transition for him after a year at RT getting his feet wet,
    he played LT in college. in HS, he played OG in a triple option offense like GT runs

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    Wilson will payoff Redeye if he can come back from the spinal stenosis. We never saw the guy get 20 carries in a game. Patience young Skywalker.
    I had faith in Wilson coming around, but honestly…i hope he hangs it up for the sake of his health. Spinal Stenosis is no joke and could leave him paralyzed.

bad value pick
    could have gotten him in the second round (although the Bears would have taken him with the next pick)

Never understood this logic. I get BPA. I get you want a first round talent in the first round. But how can one say "we could have gotten him in the 2nd round round" when he would have been taken the very next pick? In the first round? Doesn't that make him a first round talent? Even if only relative to the talent surrounding him in that draft class?

Quote Originally Posted by ImElectric2 View Post
    Never understood this logic. I get BPA. I get you want a first round talent in the first round. But how can one say "we could have gotten him in the 2nd round round" when he would have been taken the very next pick? In the first round? Doesn't that make him a first round talent? Even if only relative to the talent surrounding him in that draft class?
    Me neither....he is one of the wannabe draft gurus who just embarrass themselves on draft day.

bad value pick

Pugh is turning out to be a great value pick, IMO. In his rookie year alone, he's progressing into a guy who can play at least 2 and maybe 3 o-line positions very well.

I love the pick. Pugh's going to be the heart of our o-line for a long time barring injury.

Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    Pugh is turning out to be a great value pick, IMO. In his rookie year alone, he's progressing into a guy who can play at least 2 and maybe 3 o-line positions very well.

I love the pick. Pugh's going to be the heart of our o-line for a long time barring injury.
    I don't think he'll be the "heart" of our line, but he should be a solid Giant for years to come. We NEED a mauler on the interior of the line.

+ Reply to Thread