+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Short of some miracle with Beatty, it is hard to imagine that Pugh wouldn't be a meaningful upgrade for us at LT which is far more critical than RT.
    Beatty is having one bad season, jeez. You act like he has been like this his whole career. Maybe it is just an off year, maybe he is slightly injuried, maybe the rest of the OL being in flux is hurting him....
    "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Beatty is having one bad season, jeez. You act like he has been like this his whole career. Maybe it is just an off year, maybe he is slightly injuried, maybe the rest of the OL being in flux is hurting him....
    I'll turn that around.....based on one "good" year - which is when the Giants collapsed down the stretch - what has Beatty done to earn his contract?

Here's my book on Beatty:

He was drafted in 2009....played special teams and some tight end.....2010, was injured and missed half the season.....2011, was named starting left tackle, was injured again when the team was 6-5, and Diehl slid over and the Giants won another Super Bowl.....2012, had a decent year, but the Giants collapsed down the stretch and missed the playoffs.....2013 has been mediocre at best, and embarrassing at times.

In my opinion, he looks alot better on PFF than on TV.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 12-06-2013 at 03:33 PM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    All of the above, but we won't know if it's a aberration until next season.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I'll turn that around.....based on one "good" year - which is when the Giants collapsed down the stretch - what has Beatty done to earn his contract?
    To his credit, he has said as much
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 12-06-2013 at 03:37 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Yeah, at least he's soft-spoken.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 12-06-2013 at 03:36 PM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

I admit to being frustrated that we couldn't get a #2 on the field. Remember the back issue that came after his first year of just watching and learning? He had one strong and consistent year during his first contract in fact. He burned alot of cash against our cap during those years which always gets me riled up.

Then when I saw him play, I was struck by how soft he is on the run,
    I took solace in the fact that he kept Eli upright last year which is admittedly huge so I shrugged my shoulders when they chose to give him the big money and said "what the hell do I know, Reese is the GM I assume he knows what's best." Then we have this year and are stuck hoping that a guy in his 5th?? year is going to find his form. It just frustrates me because this is one of those I have had a bad feeling about for years and my worst fears seem to be coming true at LT. Nothing more than that. We all have the burdens we carry around. This is just one of mine.

Go Blue!!

That's my story, it's all I've got on this topic but rather than sharing it in snippets I figured I'd put it all out there because you are a thoughtful poster.
    Last edited by jomo; 12-06-2013 at 03:45 PM.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Yes he has but his excuse was weak. Can't kill the guy for not knowing how to find the right words but he basically said that he has been sucking because he is trying too hard to earn the contract. Ouch.
    Last edited by jomo; 12-06-2013 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post

Here's my book on Beatty:

He was drafted in 2009....played special teams and some tight end.....2010, was injured and missed half the season.....2011, was named starting left tackle, was injured again when the team was 6-5, and Diehl slid over and the Giants won another Super Bowl.....2012, had a decent year, but the Giants collapsed down the stretch and missed the playoffs.....2013 has been mediocre at best, and embarrassing at times.

In my opinion, he looks alot better on PFF than on TV.
    So you think Diehl at LT was the missing cog in a SB while Beatty was the reason they were 6-5 in 2011 and the 2012 collapse? Pitiful example of correlation being far from causation.

He can still rebound. Lets not count him out after 12 subpar games. Maybe he will work his butttttt off during the off season. If he plays like his 2012 version and we sign/draft a good guard or two, then we could turn the oline into a strength again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlerman17 View Post
    He can still rebound. Lets not count him out after 12 subpar games. Maybe he will work his butttttt off during the off season. If he plays like his 2012 version and we sign/draft a good guard or two, then we could turn the oline into a strength again.
    Hoping so.....