+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 108

Thread: Giants' RT Justin Pugh Compares Favorably So Far To Chargers' DJ Fluker

  1. #31
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    No mans land
    Posts
    24,989
    Quote Originally Posted by ImElectric2 View Post
    Never understood this logic. I get BPA. I get you want a first round talent in the first round. But how can one say "we could have gotten him in the 2nd round round" when he would have been taken the very next pick? In the first round? Doesn't that make him a first round talent? Even if only relative to the talent surrounding him in that draft class?
    was just jotting down some of the things board members were spouting after the pick
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  2. #32
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    No mans land
    Posts
    24,989
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchBunch1982 View Post
    Me neither....he is one of the wannabe draft gurus who just embarrass themselves on draft day.
    who is "he"...
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    Barrett Jones' "versatility" has gotten him nothing. He's a third string OL for STL.
    He was coming off of a serious injury. I wouldn't be surprised to see him transition into a solid starter next season. Which is something no one can say about Ryan Nassib.

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I moaned because they passed on Cordy Glenn the year before to take David Wilson. i thought he was a better prospect and a better value pick then where Pugh was taken. Thats where my complaints stemmed from.
    The future of our offensive line would have looked much better with Glenn and Pugh as the building blocks to it. At least Pugh has played way past my own expectations but Wilson was still a large question mark this season even before the Spinal Stenosis diagnosis.

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    was just jotting down some of the things board members were spouting after the pick
    I hear ya. Wasnt calling you out, either, was more trying to understand the logic because this isn't the first instance of me reading it. Different perspectives can broaden ideas one alreay has...i like to get as many as possible for that reason and hopefully someone will take me down their rabbit hole, so to speak.

  6. #36
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,356
    Quote Originally Posted by ImElectric2 View Post
    Never understood this logic. I get BPA. I get you want a first round talent in the first round. But how can one say "we could have gotten him in the 2nd round round" when he would have been taken the very next pick? In the first round? Doesn't that make him a first round talent? Even if only relative to the talent surrounding him in that draft class?
    I've seen a lot of Pugh threads.
    I've never seen a single poster ever claim that we could have had him in the second round. There is no way we could have drafted him in round 2.
    Despite that.....that's where his value was.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    There is no way we could have drafted him in round 2.
    Despite that.....that's where his value was.
    Morehead St is one of the wannabe draft gurus who embarrass themselves...

  8. #38
    Veteran JB456's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,108
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I've seen a lot of Pugh threads.
    I've never seen a single poster ever claim that we could have had him in the second round. There is no way we could have drafted him in round 2.
    Despite that.....that's where his value was.
    Based on what you have been saying, its apparent to all that you didn't like the pick. Now, the questions is, will you admit you are wrong if Pugh becomes a top 10 OT in the league? Will the pick still bother you if that happens? Right now, many people have changed their opinion based on what he has shown in his rookie year.

  9. #39
    I wasn't crazy about the Pugh pick but liked the Hankins pick less because of the way they're sat down for the first year. Given the chance, Pugh has shown himself very well. He has something that Beatty never will: good technique; a quick second step to react and adjust to his man. Any D lineman that has speed and 2 decent moves in a row, Beatty is dead and so might be Eli!! So maybe they throw Pugh in at LT in camp. It can't hurt, he has the ability OT's needs against talented linemen, it appears Beatty doesn't. We need 2 inside maulers; not Boothe, not Brewer and not Hermann. Boothe is a good back up! Go Giants!

  10. #40
    damn a line bookended by Glenn-Pugh would have been sweet.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts