+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 108
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by ImElectric2 View Post
    I hear ya. Wasnt calling you out, either, was more trying to understand the logic because this isn't the first instance of me reading it. Different perspectives can broaden ideas one alreay has...i like to get as many as possible for that reason and hopefully someone will take me down their rabbit hole, so to speak.
    Well the thing is, in some posters minds, evenmyself at times, they know more than the actual teams, coaches, and front offices. The only way someone could still try to claim there was some issue with the pick, is if that person disqualified reality and what actually happened, in favor of their opinion which becomes ''fact'' in their mind. And it doesn't matter that there is not one way to justify their claim, nor does it matter that there's a plethora of valid reasons that justify the counterargument to their opinion. Really, it stems from the fact a person was u aware of Pugh and that person feeling that must mean he wasn't a first Rd talent bc if that person is unaware of Pugh, since they know everything, the unawareness is bc Pugh didn't warrant being known.

    The way Pugh has played, the only question about hos draft status should be ''how was he not a top 5 pick?'' he's dramatically out played the other OL in his class aside from maybe fluke...

  2. #42
    All I know is when Eli gets mauled by 3 lineman, the 4th guy is usually being put on his back by Pugh. It's embarrassing to watch these vets get outplayed by #72
    Eli Manning is better than your quarterback.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    All I know is when Eli gets mauled by 3 lineman, the 4th guy is usually being put on his back by Pugh. It's embarrassing to watch these vets get outplayed by #72
    But didn't you know that our RB was supposed to pick those 3 guys up? And Wilson ****ed it up so hard that he's on IR now?

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    But didn't you know that our RB was supposed to pick those 3 guys up? And Wilson ****ed it up so hard that he's on IR now?
    If Pugh's arms were longer he'd have been able to stop all 3 guys

  5. #45
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,389
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchBunch1982 View Post
    Morehead St is one of the wannabe draft gurus who embarrass themselves...
    And you are.............
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  6. #46
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,389
    Quote Originally Posted by JB456 View Post
    Based on what you have been saying, its apparent to all that you didn't like the pick. Now, the questions is, will you admit you are wrong if Pugh becomes a top 10 OT in the league? Will the pick still bother you if that happens? Right now, many people have changed their opinion based on what he has shown in his rookie year.
    If you guys want to continue to litigate the draft....knock yourselves out. I've made myself very clear on why I believe it was a poor selection at 19.
    You can point all the fingers you want. In my view...given the position he was drafted to play and given the talent available it was a bad choice.

    Now...he's a Giant and for a rookie...he's playing well. He's playing like a solid second rounder should and I'm very happy about it because our O line in general sucks.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  7. #47
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,612
    does anyone have a reason as to why beatty might be playing this way? maybe he needs to gain more weight or is his technique not up to par? im just trying to figure it out cause he is supposed to be our staple at left tackle.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    In my view...given the position he was drafted to play and given the talent available it was a bad choice.
    LOL. In your view? Draft guru wannabe Morehead Kiper Jr.

    Give it up.

  9. #49
    Veteran NYGabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    1,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    If you guys want to continue to litigate the draft....knock yourselves out. I've made myself very clear on why I believe it was a poor selection at 19.
    You can point all the fingers you want. In my view...given the position he was drafted to play and given the talent available it was a bad choice.

    Now...he's a Giant and for a rookie...he's playing well. He's playing like a solid second rounder should and I'm very happy about it because our O line in general sucks.
    A solid second rounder? He has a higher PFF grade than 4 offensive tackles taken before him (including the no. 1 and 2 picks). Based on the evidence so far he was clearly a good selection at 19.

  10. #50
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,389
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGabriel View Post
    A solid second rounder? He has a higher PFF grade than 4 offensive tackles taken before him (including the no. 1 and 2 picks). Based on the evidence so far he was clearly a good selection at 19.
    There is no doubt that GM's around the league were desperate for O line in last years draft and reached all over the board for them. Before and after us.
    Fluker going where he did was ridiculous. Good player and is having a good rookie season but he's strictly a RT which lowers his value.
    Fisher, Johnson and Joekel have huge upsides. Pugh is what he is...a fundamentally sound but relatively unathletic O lineman. Not a big mauler like you would expect from a RT. But he is a good pass protector at RT. He's just not going to pave the road in the running game.
    I completely expect him to be a solid player for us for many years. I even see him moving to LT in a few years but I don't expect him to be anything more than a decent NFL LT.
    But this last draft was the most bizarre I've ever seen. So many players going way too early and many players dropping far below their value. Lots of GM's acting out of desperation in 2013.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts