+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    If you guys want to continue to litigate the draft....knock yourselves out. I've made myself very clear on why I believe it was a poor selection at 19.
    You can point all the fingers you want. In my view...given the position he was drafted to play and given the talent available it was a bad choice.

Now...he's a Giant and for a rookie...he's playing well. He's playing like a solid second rounder should and I'm very happy about it because our O line in general sucks.
    you make valid points and respect your opnion ( most of the time lol)but in your mind an RT can "never" play like a first rounder because they should never draft an RT in the first round.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchBunch1982 View Post
    Morehead St is one of the wannabe draft gurus who embarrass themselves...
    We are all wannabe's on the GMB. None of us are getting paid. MS is a good poster. Hell, Roanokefan reminds me all the time it's not actually my money being spent. For me part of the fun of the GMB is giving your opinion with authority. I'm never going to be a GM, OC, DC, or a coach, but it's fun to pretend.
    In the tough times we find out who we are.

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    you make valid points and respect your opnion ( most of the time lol)but in your mind an RT can "never" play like a first rounder because they should never draft an RT in the first round.
    I don't care what value anybody thought he had. We needed a bonafide starter at RT and we got one.

FYI We still may move Pugh to the left next season if Beatty continues to struggle. Every 1st round pick is not going to be a star, especially at 19. 19 Pro Bowlers don't come into the NFL every year.

Exactly who would have been the better choice?
    In the tough times we find out who we are.

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    I don't care what value anybody thought he had. We needed a bonafide starter at RT and we got one.

FYI We still may move Pugh to the left next season if Beatty continues to struggle. Every 1st round pick is not going to be a star, especially at 19. 19 Pro Bowlers don't come into the NFL every year.

Exactly who would have been the better choice?
    I have no and never had an issue with the pick. The are certain "rules" to drafting I guess but if the player you pick first becomes a long time solid player for the team than IMO its a great pick. So far so good with Pugh.
    I also understand other points as well I just dont think they need to be adhered to religioulsy.
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

I have no and never had an issue with the pick. The are certain "rules" to drafting I guess but if the player you pick first becomes a long time solid player for the team than IMO its a great pick. So far so good with Pugh.
    I also understand other points as well I just dont think they need to be adhered to religioulsy.
    Second round picks should carry the same expectation to become long time solid players. I don't think people are understanding that from MS.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    Second round picks should carry the same expectation to become long time solid players. I don't think people are understanding that from MS.
    I understand it....but he is adiment that a RT is not or should never be a position that is taken as a first rounder.

Morehead kiper jr ROFL
    Eli Manning is better than your quarterback.

I understand it....but he is adiment that a RT is not or should never be a position that is taken as a first rounder.
    Well, I'm in between. Typically, no. A RT and G don't carry the positional value to garner a top 20 pick that often. I agree with that. There are absolutely cases where the caliber of prospect supersedes that. I never saw that in Pugh or even Fluker, though. I'll just take last year as an aberration due to the lack of top end talent, and be satisfied that Pugh is playing as is expected of him.
    Last edited by penguinfarmer; 12-08-2013 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    Well, I'm in between. Typically, no. A RT and G don't carry the positional value to garner a top 20 pick that often. I agree with that. There are absolutely cases where the caliber of prospect supersedes that. I never saw that in Pugh or even Fluker, though. I'll just take last year as an aberration due to the lack of top end talent, and be satisfied that Pugh as is expected of him.
    thats basically what I feel as well. You can always draft per "drafting 101". The Giants needed a RT and overll the needed an OLman. They made the pick and it is working out. So IMO thats a good choice. How many "properly valued" first picks never pan out. Drafting is a crap shoot to some degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    There is no doubt that GM's around the league were desperate for O line in last years draft and reached all over the board for them. Before and after us.
    Fluker going where he did was ridiculous. Good player and is having a good rookie season but he's strictly a RT which lowers his value.
    Fisher, Johnson and Joekel have huge upsides. Pugh is what he is...a fundamentally sound but relatively unathletic O lineman. Not a big mauler like you would expect from a RT. But he is a good pass protector at RT. He's just not going to pave the road in the running game.
    I completely expect him to be a solid player for us for many years. I even see him moving to LT in a few years but I don't expect him to be anything more than a decent NFL LT.
    But this last draft was the most bizarre I've ever seen. So many players going way too early and many players dropping far below their value. Lots of GM's acting out of desperation in 2013.
    Nobody cares what your opinion is on Pugh, you were clearly wrong about him. Stop being so stubborn and quit while you are behind.