+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Time To Bolt Out Of The Playoff Chase?

Time To Bolt Out Of The Playoff Chase?

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gia...-playoff-chase

Excerpt: "THE GAME: The New York Giants (5-7) at the San Diego Chargers (5-7) at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego, 4:25 p.m. ET

THE WEATHER: I can see why Eli Manning didn’t want to play here. Somehow, every time I come to this city, the weather stinks. On Sunday, it’s only supposed to be in the mid-50s! That’s like fall in New York not the supposedly perfect weather San Diego is always bragging about. Worse, on Saturday, the temperatures are supposed to be in the 50s with 20-30 mph winds and a 90 percent chance of rain. How am I supposed to golf?!?

WHAT IT MEANS: On Friday, I posted the scenario by which the Giants will be eliminated from the playoff chase this weekend if they lose. What you need to remember is any loss the rest of the way basically dooms them. So even though we through around the “must-win” cliché often, they’re all pretty much must-wins the rest of the way … until they don’t. Ditto for the Chargers, who have the same miserable record as the Giants though they’re only one game out of the last AFC wild-card spot and have a slightly more reasonable shot at the playoffs.

THE PICK: Were you impressed by the Giants’ win over the Redskins last Sunday night? I sure wasn’t. They fell in a 14-0 hole to an absolutely awful team and needed an assist from the referees at the end of the game to preserve the victory. The Giants’ offense, as always, remains off track and the defense wasn’t exactly great until the second half – and really the fourth quarter. Stopping the awful Redskins, though, is a different challenge than flying across country and stopping Philip Rivers, who is having a fantastic year (70% completion, 3,633 yards, 23 touchdowns, nine interceptions) despite no rushing attack (21st in the NFL) and an unimposing group of receivers. This is a Chargers team that beat the Chiefs in Kansas City and lost by a touchdown to the Broncos, and they have the NFL’s fourth-best offense (401.6 yards per game). This is an even bigger test for the Giants’ defense than the Cowboys game two weeks ago, which they lost 24-21. And yes, the Giants defense has been very good since the 0-6 start. I do not, in any way, chalk up their performance to only the string of underwhelming opponents. But are you counting on another four-sack performance from Justin Tuck? I’m not, and without Jason Pierre-Paul, I have to wonder where the pressure will be on Philip Rivers. I know the Giants are hot – winners of five of their last six – and their determination and resiliency is impressive. But it has to end sometime because they are not making the playoffs. And I think the combination of a cross-country flight – their only one of the season – and a quarterback who can stand in the pocket and pick a defense a part is just a little too much for a team hanging by a thread. It’s been a nice run, it really has. They gave everyone a reason to believe when, after 0-6, it should have been over. But it’s only a dream, not at all reality. And it will end on Sunday afternoon.

Final Score: Chargers 27, Giants 17

MY RECORDS

Record picking Giants games: 8-4.

For the record: The Giants are now 1-4 when I pick them to lose, and 4-3 when I pick then to win." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Bench Player
    So were supposed to be scared cause your picking against the giants. Their is a reson the chargers are 5-7, did you also forget this team lost to the deadskins the awful team you just stated. You are not the swammy, its your opinion and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by orangehat28 View Post
    So were supposed to be scared cause your picking against the giants. Their is a reson the chargers are 5-7, did you also forget this team lost to the deadskins the awful team you just stated. You are not the swammy, its your opinion and that's it.
    This is an article..

Let's go.

This is an article, not the OP's opinion, but Ralph V's

All-Pro
    LOL, this is an article not RFs opinion... that being said, there is a reason the Giants are 5-7 as well.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

If they DO "bolt" before being mathmatically eliminated....then there should be regime change. I don't see TC bolting from anything.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

Veteran
    Oh boy...

I hope we can bolt into 2014 already

"So even though we through around the “must-win” cliché often".

Great work from a paid writer.

the NYG play up and down, to the level of their competition..it's a recipe for disaster..even though the "D" is alive and kicking, the offense is still in a coma...if ever there was a need for an offensive explosion, it is right now...love your threads Roanoke, but i'm hoping your wrong on this one...NYG4LIFE
    Last edited by blueomaha; 12-07-2013 at 11:47 AM.

+ Reply to Thread