+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jake On The Plane! Doubtful RB Makes Trip

Jake On The Plane! Doubtful RB Makes Trip

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gia...-rb-makes-trip

Excerpt: "Brandon Jacobs’ return to the Giants certainly hasn't gone the way he dreamed it would, but he has no regrets and he’s not giving up. He’s even making the cross-country flight with the Giants on Saturday, despite being “doubtful” for Sunday’s game.

The 31-year-old running back may still miss the game against the Chargers, of course. And if he does, it’ll be the second straight game he’s missed and the fifth since he re-signed with the Giants in Week 2. It’s even possible he won’t be able to play again this season.

But Jacobs said last week he’s not ready to shut it down.

“I’m going to go out a soldier and I’m going to go out fighting. That’s just it,” he said. “They’re going to have to drag me through the dirt. Just put me in a body bag and ship me home. That’s it. But do it after the battle is fought.”

Jacobs, in his return from his one-year exile in San Francisco, has rushed just 58 times in seven games with the Giants for 238 yards and four touchdowns. The highlight came on Oct. 10 in Chicago when he rushed 22 times for 106 yards and two touchdowns in the Giants’ loss to the Bears.

The price of that was high, though, because he pulled his hamstring and missed the next three games, before “wear and tear” set in on his knee. Jacobs has carried only 14 times since then – though he did rush nine times for 75 yards in a loss to the Cowboys two weeks ago. He said the knee will have to be surgically “cleaned out” this offseason, though he insisted it’s “fixable”. Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Even if he can't play he will get them fired up.

Quote Originally Posted by P_Simms_#11 View Post
    Even if he can't play he will get them fired up.
    +1
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

At first glance, I thought this said "Jakk On The Plane!" I was like wtf is Jakk doing on the Giants plane LOL.
    I thought we had something special!!!

BJ is a real inspiration to the team as a whole. I hope he can come back to contribute down the stretch.

whats the use in protecting your body if this may your last season in the NFL....If he can carrry a few get him in.....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Banned
    Jacobs certainly lasted longer than I thought he would. Thought it was inevitable he would have his knees taken out much sooner

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    whats the use in protecting your body if this may your last season in the NFL....If he can carrry a few get him in.....
    He wants to retire standing up

Hell he just get his knees shot up and go for it
    I played y bb ball with a guy who had 2 knee replacements
    He was fine
    Much better than a reconstruct
    Bionic

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    At first glance, I thought this said "Jakk On The Plane!" I was like wtf is Jakk doing on the Giants plane LOL.
    trying to beg coughlin to get Torain back on the team

+ Reply to Thread