+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NFL network - Jeffries, WR Oilers under Gilbride

Quote Originally Posted by dakotajoe View Post
    Didn't the Oilers have top 5 offense every year under Gilbride? I'm not saying he deserves to come back next season but he was very successful over there. I remember Gilbride's "run-n-shoot" was all the rage back then.
    The Giants offense have been top 10 I believe before this season and the last season, and yet..

I'm not defending Gilbride but those Oiler teams were very successful and it was large part due to their offensive passing attack.
    Also, many coaches are not liked, but most importantly are they respected?

Quote Originally Posted by primetime View Post
    I'm not defending Gilbride but those Oiler teams were very successful and it was large part due to their offensive passing attack.
    Also, many coaches are not liked, but most importantly are they respected?
    That attack is fine in a dome in Houston.

I don't like watching that crap in the Meadowlands in December.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

The one thing I got from the football life take on the punch is that Killdrive was good and ready to punch back if he wasn't restrained by a player. And it seems like he takes great joy in destroying Buddy's progeny too... he lost to Buddy (who took the HC job of the Cardinals) in 1994 while Killdrive stayed on the sinking Oilers ship, but after that, Killdrive as OC or HC has gone 7-3 against the brothers Ryan at DC or HC...

-As OC of PIT, Split with BAL (Rex DC) twice in 1999 and 2000 (2-2)
    -As OC of NYG, beat BAL in 2008 (Rex DC), beat NYJ in 2011 (Rex HC), and went 3-1 against Dallas in Rob's tenure as DC (total of 5-1)

Side note, he DID go 1-3 vs the Patriots in 2002-03 while Rob was the linebackers coach and he was Buffalo's HC, in addition to losing in Baltimore (Rex) and winning vs Oakland (Rob) while he was QB coach for the giants. But safe to say it was not his offense vs the Ryan defense in either scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

+ Reply to Thread