+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Take Notes from Rivers and the Chargers

Take Notes from Rivers and the Chargers

Guy is back to to a top tier QB after improving the o-line, getting him a running game and simplifying the offense. He has two security blankets in Gates and Woodhead that he can check down to.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeq6722 View Post
    Guy is back to to a top tier QB after improving the o-line, getting him a running game and simplifying the offense. He has two security blankets in Gates and Woodhead that he can check down to.
    The same top tier QB who had Ladanian Tomilson, Antonio Gates , Vincent Jackson, Darren Sproles on one team and still hasn't won a Superbowl yet?

Veteran
    I agree with much of what the OP said, but he's also making smart and careful decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeq6722 View Post
    They said they shuffeled their o line 16x this year.

Quote Originally Posted by GMan1011 View Post
    They said they shuffeled their o line 16x this year.
    SIX times. 6. Seis.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by blu_buddha View Post
    The same top tier QB who had Ladanian Tomilson, Antonio Gates , Vincent Jackson, Darren Sproles on one team and still hasn't won a Superbowl yet?
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    SIX times. 6. Seis.
    oh! My bad - I was telling myself no way that's a crazy #. But hey, still, everyone has injuries too.

I think Decker from the Broncos is a FA next year...Giants should look at getting him...

You're a brain-dead ****** if you can't see that Phillip Rivers is leagues better than Eli Manning and always has been. The difference in championships stems from timely runs by the Giants defense in the playoffs and Eli playing like Phillip Rivers for once.

This franchise is still paying for deal Accorsi cut for Eli. Again the Giants gave way too much. Look at Rivers throws in this game. Do you think Eli would be as consistent with his throws as Rivers is? No, because consistency isn't Eli's strong suit. But what really stood out in this game was the way the SD running game operates and how both team's coordinators adjust and adapt to try to beat the other guy. I wish we had an OC and a DC that worked like that. Maybe next year

+ Reply to Thread