+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Take Notes from Rivers and the Chargers

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by strahantuck1 View Post
    You're a brain-dead ****** if you can't see that Phillip Rivers is leagues better than Eli Manning and always has been. The difference in championships stems from timely runs by the Giants defense in the playoffs and Eli playing like Phillip Rivers for once.
    Actually, you are "brain dead" if you don't understand that Phillip Rivers stats will never be remembered by anyone. Rivers needs to win something (actually, in Rivers case, just about anything). Rivers (like Romo) always chokes under pressure in the playoffs.

When Rivers (or Romo) actually wins anything but fantasy football stats, I will admit they might be better than Eli. Until then, not so much.

he looks like a completely diff qb (aside from that horrible throw motion/dead arm, he has no downfield arm anymore hes like chad pennington). the system accentuates his skill set. a lot of passes 10-15 yards and closer, occasional intermediate deep pass, a lot of crossing routes, and a lot of designed passes to the rb. its a very nice system. i wonder how it looks 5 yrs from now tho...

see thats the thing i hope people realize when i say we need a new system. its not bc kg is an idiot really, its bc the longevity of his tenure here and his use of this offense. it just seems stale, old, and figured out. new blood will do wonders. i hope we get a fresh mind that has a helluva scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by strahantuck1 View Post
    You're a brain-dead ****** if you can't see that Phillip Rivers is leagues better than Eli Manning and always has been. The difference in championships stems from timely runs by the Giants defense in the playoffs and Eli playing like Phillip Rivers for once.
    ahhhhhh hahahahaha...

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    he system accentuates his skill set.
    It does. Rivers was asked what he wanted to do on offense, and the scheme was built around that

+ Reply to Thread