+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alec Ogletree vs J Graham

Alec Ogletree vs J Graham

He and a few others are helping hold Jimmy Graham to 12 yards so far in the game. I know a lot of people wanted us to draft him and there were others who thought that he couldn't get off blocks and wouldn't be that great. I would have to say that I have watched the rams quite a bit this year and I have liked a lot of the things he has done this year. He has made INT's and has came up with key strips of the ball. He is a playmaking LB who is good at coverage and I wish we could have gotten him although Pugh is about our only respectable offensive lineman right now

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

I wanted us to draft Tyrann Mathieu and Vontaze Burfict with late round picks, and look how both of them turned out.... Hind sight is 20 20 my man
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Quote Originally Posted by Kase-1 View Post
    I wanted us to draft Tyrann Mathieu and Vontaze Burfict with late round picks, and look how both of them turned out.... Hind sight is 20 20 my man
    Very true, I hope we can land a stud OLB this year so we finally have a good LB core. It is frustrating though that we pass up on all of these guys who have formed good palyers but I guess we did get a good piece on our OL.

I loved the rams draft this year... They got Olgetree, Austin, Bailey, Stacy, Barrett Jones. They killed it IMO

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    Very true, I hope we can land a stud OLB this year so we finally have a good LB core. It is frustrating though that we pass up on all of these guys who have formed good palyers but I guess we did get a good piece on our OL.

I loved the rams draft this year... They got Olgetree, Austin, Bailey, Stacy, Barrett Jones. They killed it IMO
    Yea the Rams DID have a killer draft this past year, hell these past 2 years.

Before we totally imploded, I was all for a sick pass rushing OLB that could still cover the pass, but now I think we have to go interior OL. Hell I wouldnt be upset with 2 OGs or an OG and a C with our 1st 2 picks this upcoming draft.
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Quote Originally Posted by Kase-1 View Post
    Yea the Rams DID have a killer draft this past year, hell these past 2 years.

Before we totally imploded, I was all for a sick pass rushing OLB that could still cover the pass, but now I think we have to go interior OL. Hell I wouldnt be upset with 2 OGs or an OG and a C with our 1st 2 picks this upcoming draft.
    I hope we sign a solid OG and then draft one in the first three rounds who can step in right away. I think Cordle can actually play C especially if we have two OG's who do not completely blow right next to him. If we got Barr or Mosley round 1 and then got a OG along with a WR or TE in rounds 2 and 3 that would help us out a ton

I hope we sign a solid OG and then draft one in the first three rounds who can step in right away. I think Cordle can actually play C especially if we have two OG's who do not completely blow right next to him. If we got Barr or Mosley round 1 and then got a OG along with a WR or TE in rounds 2 and 3 that would help us out a ton
    That name Mosely sends chills down my spine, its like the name Dodge, YUCK.

If we can sign a young OG for a few years while we groom another id be 100% for it. Im not a big college football guy so im not sure who is out there, I usually start my draft homework after we are eliminated from the playoffs, so yeaaahhh

I think if we get a new OC we can have rookie WRs step in and immediatley contribute, the option system we have now isnt an easy transition for rookie WRs, they need to have that relationship built with Eli and they need to see what each other sees, something thats next to impossible for a rookie to do

Here is one of my favorite WR's Paul Richardson from Colorado. He kind of reminds me of Desean Jackson. He has elite speed, he is a real playmaker. He is projected 2nd-3rd round.

C.J Mosley is an OLB from Alabama. He is a stud in coverage and would be really good next to Beason I think. I also agree if we get 2 new OG's and a new OC we will look much better on offense

I'd rather have Barr or Mosley in this draft than Ogletree last draft. Absolutely don't want someone who would go on a booze cruise the night before the combine...

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I'd rather have Barr or Mosley in this draft than Ogletree last draft. Absolutely don't want someone who would go on a booze cruise the night before the combine...
    If we can land one of those two in the first then I will be totally ok with it. Most people didn't want him because of the DUI but honestly the guy is doing well and he wouldn't be the first guy who we have brought on our team with off the field problems (Will HIll and others) The rams got Olgetree and Janoris Jenkins two guys with issues off the field in the past who are playing well for them and big parts of their much improved defense as of late

If we can land one of those two in the first then I will be totally ok with it. Most people didn't want him because of the DUI but honestly the guy is doing well and he wouldn't be the first guy who we have brought on our team with off the field problems (Will HIll and others) The rams got Olgetree and Janoris Jenkins two guys with issues off the field in the past who are playing well for them and big parts of their much improved defense as of late
    It wasn't the fact that he DUI'd that bothered me... it was the fact that people here wanted to burn a 1st round pick on him. Guys like Will Hill are UDFA. I wouldn't mind anything after the 4th on a guy who had some off-field issues like that, but NOT an early rounder...

+ Reply to Thread