+ Reply to Thread
    Veteran

30th in the league in sacks.. how do we fix the pass rush?

So let's say we're picking at #10

1) We definitely won't get Clowney
    2) Tuck is FA
    3) Kiwi will probably be cut
    4) LJ is also FA

So, that leaves us with JPP and Damontre Moore as the only DE's will have next year for sure

Maybe it's me, but there's a real lack of 4-3 DE pass rushers in this draft
    Last edited by drewz; 12-15-2013 at 10:38 PM.

Im not familiar with this draft class but we should def be looking at a DT and DE. I think LJ may be back if he doesnt get a big contract offer elsewhere. Jenkins is probably gone (im pretty sure he's due alot of money) and Im not sure how long we signed Patterson, but I dont like having Kuhn as our only definite DT for next year
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kase-1 View Post
    Im not familiar with this draft class but we should def be looking at a DT and DE. I think LJ may be back if he doesnt get a big contract offer elsewhere. Jenkins is probably gone (im pretty sure he's due alot of money) and Im not sure how long we signed Patterson, but I dont like having Kuhn as our only definite DT for next year
    I think Jenkins will be here next year. If I recall its a 2 year deal and not too much money. He been okay this year and big Hank is looking pretty good so far.

Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    So let's say we're picking at #10

1) We definitely won't get Clowney
    2) Tuck is FA
    3) Kiwi will probably be cut
    4) LJ is also FA

So, that leaves us with JPP and Damontre Moore as the only DE's will have next year for sure

Maybe it's me, but there's a real lack of 4-3 DE pass rushers in this draft
    Being able to get Khalil Mack or Anthony Barr would be an awesome start

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Mack makes me nervous because he comes from a weak school. Ik that means nothing and there have been countless great players from small/unknown schools, but it just bothers me. I recognize that he played well against ohio state tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlerman17 View Post
    Mack makes me nervous because he comes from a weak school. Ik that means nothing and there have been countless great players from small/unknown schools, but it just bothers me. I recognize that he played well against ohio state tho.
    If he plays in the Senior Bowl that would be a great time to see how he performs against a bunch of other top players. I do not think his competition is such a big deal since he dominated the competition and was a force vs a very good offense in Ohio St. I am interested to see how he does in the other pre draft festivities

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

I don't see Kiwi being cut as savings are minimal. A playmaking three down DE would be nice, but I don't think it's the only way to get a pass rush. They could generate a rush from a 7/9T situational rusher [which there are multiple candidate], the 3T tackle or from LB. And some of the guys currently on roster have to get their a**es in gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlerman17 View Post
    He didnt play well he dominated Ohio State. Mack is the real deal outstanding motor