+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mock 12/15

Mock 12/15

1st- Khalil Mack OLB Buffalo- We kill two birds with one stone here. We get a pass rusher and an OLB. Mack, Beason, and the combo of Paysinger/JWill would be a nice LB core!
    __________________________________________________ ____
    2nd- Aaron Donald DT Pittsburgh- The dude is an absolute animal. We get a pass rusher from the DT spot here. He has been unstoppable as of late in the college game.

(Strengths): Comes off the snap like he's shot out of a cannon. His first step routinely beats opponents for immediate pressures. Has an effective arm-over swim move, though he doesn't use this often enough. His stature gives Donald the leverage advantage which he uses well to get under the pads of opponents and drive them into the backfield on bull-rushes.

(Weaknesses): As with most undersized pass-rushers, when Donald's burst is contained his short arms limit his effectiveness. Donald keeps his legs churning and plays with effort, but he can get caught up in the hand-to-hand combat.
    --Rob Rang
    __________________________________________________ ___
    3rd- Donte Moncrief WR Ole Miss- He is an All around WR. If he had better speed he would be a first rounder IMO

STRENGTHS: Moncrief's thick frame, deceptive speed and smooth route-running make him a nightmare for cornerbacks. He does not possess the explosive moves of Southern Cal's Marqise Lee or Clemson's Sammy Watkins but might be a better player than either of them. He is sudden in his breaks, showing the ability to generate separation even against tight man coverage, and accelerates quickly, often leaving defenders in his dust on double-moves. Moncrief tracks the ball well and generally shows excellent hands (one drop vs. Texas), as well as the body control to make the d***ling grab. Moncrief is also cognizant in the running game, showing awareness and toughness as a downfield blocker

WEAKNESSES: Perhaps the only thing standing in Moncrief's way of becoming the first "skill-position" player from Mississippi to earn a first round draft selection since Eli Manning (No. 1 overall, 2004) is the question about his straight-line speed. Moncrief was not caught from behind on tapes viewed but the big-bodied receiver may not possess elite timed speed.
    --ROB RANG
    4th- Gabe Jackson OG Mississippi St- He has been falling on most boards but the guy is huge and I think can be a beast for us.

STRENGTHS: Demonstrates not only the raw power expected of a man of his size but also surprisingly nimble feet and balance while in pass protection, to mirror quick rushers. Jackson plays with excellent knee bend and has long arms, which help him stay square and in control of his opponent in pass pro. He's a powerful drive blocker who uses his natural leverage advantage well, showing good leg drive to push defenders off the ball. Despite his girth, Jackson shows good lateral agility and balance to find fits at the second level.
    5th- Kareem Martin DE North Carolina- He is a big guy who has slid because of other guys having great years. I think he would be a steal in the 5th!
    __________________________________________________ _____
    6th- Ricardo Allen CB Purdue- I have had this guy in my last few mocks. I really like his game and we would be getting a lot of value in the 6th round with this pick.

Strengths: Allen has quick, coordinated footwork to drive fast and furious on plays with enough make-up speed to compensate for his aggressive play style. He is battled tested and plays with supreme confidence, often attempting to get into the opponent?s head with his gift for gab. Loves to throw his body around. Allen always believes a ball in the air belongs to him and displays reliable ballskills with a knack for making something happen after the interception, averaging 29.3 yards per INT return.

Weaknesses: Allen has limited strength and can be easily out-muscled by receivers. He will bite on pumps and fakes and needs to improve his overall discipline and body positioning so he doesn't get turned around, especially on post and corner routes.
    --Dane Brugler

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

I really like ur mock, and were in agreement on quite a few players. Mack adn Donald are pure terrors on the defensive side of the ball. To be honest, Aaron Donald is probably one of my 5fave players that will be in this draft. I like him that much.. Donadl and Mack are pure explosion and both are pretty intimidating to be quite honest with you.. Mack would scare the crap outta me if i had to block him all game..lol I like Moncrief, but the more i watch, the more i feel like he dosen't give it 100pct all the time. Hes not invovled nearly enough and seems to be easily phased out of games at times. I do love the redzone capabilities and the physicality he brings to the postion, but im souring just a bit on him lately. I'd rather have Cody Hoffman WR Byu, Deone Bucannon, or Purifoy there. I love Gabe Jackson. For the longest time, i was saying hes the best G in the country and a sure 1st rder. Hes a load inside, and extremely powerful. I love thinking about Brown running thru lanes clearled by Gabe Jackson! And you all ready know how i feel about the fiesty Richardo Allen. I love those small corners that play physcal.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I really like ur mock, and were in agreement on quite a few players. Mack adn Donald are pure terrors on the defensive side of the ball. To be honest, Aaron Donald is probably one of my 5fave players that will be in this draft. I like him that much.. Donadl and Mack are pure explosion and both are pretty intimidating to be quite honest with you.. Mack would scare the crap outta me if i had to block him all game..lol I like Moncrief, but the more i watch, the more i feel like he dosen't give it 100pct all the time. Hes not invovled nearly enough and seems to be easily phased out of games at times. I do love the redzone capabilities and the physicality he brings to the postion, but im souring just a bit on him lately. I'd rather have Cody Hoffman WR Byu, Deone Bucannon, or Purifoy there. I love Gabe Jackson. For the longest time, i was saying hes the best G in the country and a sure 1st rder. Hes a load inside, and extremely powerful. I love thinking about Brown running thru lanes clearled by Gabe Jackson! And you all ready know how i feel about the fiesty Richardo Allen. I love those small corners that play physcal.
    I was thinking about listing Brandon Coleman instead on Moncrief but I haven't seen much of his stuff this year. His physical tools are great but I have heard that he hasn't shown much improvement from last year. I will have to check out Coleman because I really liked him coming into the year and was thinking he would be a late 1st rounder but now he has slid to a 3rd round projection which is a little alarming. Thanks I appreciate your insight on my mock I know you know a lot about the college prospects this year!

EDIT: Wow I did not realize how bad Coleman has done this year... He doesn't even have 500 yards receiving... I did check and Moncrief has had a better year as far as yards and all of that go. Neither of Moncrief or Hoffman have great QB's but I like that Moncrief at least has experience vs top talent playing in the SEC
    Last edited by NYGfanSTRICK; 12-16-2013 at 12:48 AM.

I might go Lyerla in the 5th if he's there instead of DE depth (I don't mind 4th and later on projects that have off-field issues), but that's just me...

Fantasy headline quotes:
    -Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.
    -Legend of Seawright Throat-Punches Mediocrity.
    -20-page Eli Argument Knocks Out Insanity, Delivers an Early-Season Message

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I might go Lyerla in the 5th if he's there instead of DE depth (I don't mind 4th and later on projects that have off-field issues), but that's just me...
    Yeah I had him in the 5th in my mock last week and was very tempted to do it again since I mocked 2 pass rushers already in the draft. The kid has a lot of potential... it is just a matter of if he can keep himself out of trouble. Value wise you can't get much better out of a 5th round pick

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    1st- Khalil Mack OLB Buffalo- We kill two birds with one stone here. We get a pass rusher and an OLB. Mack, Beason, and the combo of Paysinger/JWill would be a nice LB core!
    2nd- Aaron Donald DT Pittsburgh- The dude is an absolute animal. We get a pass rusher from the DT spot here. He has been unstoppable as of late in the college game.

(Strengths): Comes off the snap like he's shot out of a cannon. His first step routinely beats opponents for immediate pressures. Has an effective arm-over swim move, though he doesn't use this often enough. His stature gives Donald the leverage advantage which he uses well to get under the pads of opponents and drive them into the backfield on bull-rushes.

(Weaknesses): As with most undersized pass-rushers, when Donald's burst is contained his short arms limit his effectiveness. Donald keeps his legs churning and plays with effort, but he can get caught up in the hand-to-hand combat.
    --Rob Rang
    3rd- Donte Moncrief WR Ole Miss- He is an All around WR. If he had better speed he would be a first rounder IMO

STRENGTHS: Moncrief's thick frame, deceptive speed and smooth route-running make him a nightmare for cornerbacks. He does not possess the explosive moves of Southern Cal's Marqise Lee or Clemson's Sammy Watkins but might be a better player than either of them. He is sudden in his breaks, showing the ability to generate separation even against tight man coverage, and accelerates quickly, often leaving defenders in his dust on double-moves. Moncrief tracks the ball well and generally shows excellent hands (one drop vs. Texas), as well as the body control to make the d***ling grab. Moncrief is also cognizant in the running game, showing awareness and toughness as a downfield blocker

WEAKNESSES: Perhaps the only thing standing in Moncrief's way of becoming the first "skill-position" player from Mississippi to earn a first round draft selection since Eli Manning (No. 1 overall, 2004) is the question about his straight-line speed. Moncrief was not caught from behind on tapes viewed but the big-bodied receiver may not possess elite timed speed.
    --ROB RANG
    4th- Gabe Jackson OG Mississippi St- He has been falling on most boards but the guy is huge and I think can be a beast for us.

STRENGTHS: Demonstrates not only the raw power expected of a man of his size but also surprisingly nimble feet and balance while in pass protection, to mirror quick rushers. Jackson plays with excellent knee bend and has long arms, which help him stay square and in control of his opponent in pass pro. He's a powerful drive blocker who uses his natural leverage advantage well, showing good leg drive to push defenders off the ball. Despite his girth, Jackson shows good lateral agility and balance to find fits at the second level.
    5th- Kareem Martin DE North Carolina- He is a big guy who has slid because of other guys having great years. I think he would be a steal in the 5th!
    __________________________________________________ _____
    6th- Ricardo Allen CB Purdue- I have had this guy in my last few mocks. I really like his game and we would be getting a lot of value in the 6th round with this pick.

Strengths: Allen has quick, coordinated footwork to drive fast and furious on plays with enough make-up speed to compensate for his aggressive play style. He is battled tested and plays with supreme confidence, often attempting to get into the opponent?s head with his gift for gab. Loves to throw his body around. Allen always believes a ball in the air belongs to him and displays reliable ballskills with a knack for making something happen after the interception, averaging 29.3 yards per INT return.

Weaknesses: Allen has limited strength and can be easily out-muscled by receivers. He will bite on pumps and fakes and needs to improve his overall discipline and body positioning so he doesn't get turned around, especially on post and corner routes.
    --Dane Brugler
    One guy to help a depleted O Line? And not till the fourth round? I realize we have glaring needs all around with bad LBs, no pass rush (30th in NFL) and o one to block for Eli. Pathetic WRs, TEs.. On and on
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    One guy to help a depleted O Line? And not till the fourth round? I realize we have glaring needs all around with bad LBs, no pass rush (30th in NFL) and o one to block for Eli. Pathetic WRs, TEs.. On and on
    Gabe Jackson is a great talent and should be able to start right away. I figure we will sign at least one Guard in Free Agency. I think Cordle can play Center for us if we get two capable guys next to him. I thought he has looked not too bad when he has been in there. Hell we might even go out and sign a center. I don't think that we will rely on two or more guys through the draft to come and help our OL right away

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    Gabe Jackson is a great talent and should be able to start right away. I figure we will sign at least one Guard in Free Agency. I think Cordle can play Center for us if we get two capable guys next to him. I thought he has looked not too bad when he has been in there. Hell we might even go out and sign a center. I don't think that we will rely on two or more guys through the draft to come and help our OL right away
    And who would the OL backups be? Old guys will retire, Brewer is worst lineman ever, Cordle sucks, Baas sucks and Booth is a backup at best. Oh yeah, our LT sucks too! really? 2 DEs? Have you watched our O lately? Who will our RBs be? BJ retires. Can't count on Wilson returning, so Brown (who gets hurt every year) and Hillis? Who else?

Quote Originally Posted by PennState1 View Post
    And who would the OL backups be? Old guys will retire, Brewer is worst lineman ever, Cordle sucks, Baas sucks and Booth is a backup at best. Oh yeah, our LT sucks too! really? 2 DEs? Have you watched our O lately? Who will our RBs be? BJ retires. Can't count on Wilson returning, so Brown (who gets hurt every year) and Hillis? Who else?
    There is only one DE mentioned. Khalil Mack is an OLB...

David Wilson and Andre Brown will be our two main RB's we can bring back Hillis if we want. We have Cox who wouldn't be a terrible 3rd string back if it came to that. Wilson would be able to run better because Moncrief who I listed is a great blocker. He is 6'3 226 lbs, he is a big guy who can seal the outside and allow our RB's to bounce it outside... I am sure that they can find a vet if they think that Wilson will not be able to return

As for our OL Cordle doesn't suck he has two guys who are absolutely awful next two him on each side. Pugh and Beatty will our OT's. Beatty has had a bad year but I am sure that he will improve over the offseason working on technique and getting stronger. If we get Gabe Jackson as I mocked he is a huge guy who can create holes for our RB's. Then if we sign a guy for the other OG spot then our starting OL will be set. Outr backups can be filled with vets and some of the young guys that we currently have. Boothe is versatile, he can play the Guard position and Center. He can be a formidable backup in case someone were to go down to injury. Bass is most likely not going to come back which is good because he has been a bad signing.

+ Reply to Thread