+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I thought Boyd was a third rounder to begin with. Even in his best games, I don't see him as an adept progression reader who makes all the throws for the next level. And not every short QB can rely on the Drew Brees/Russell Wilson precedent, especially one with the throwing motion of Tajh Boyd.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    I thought Boyd was a third rounder to begin with. Even in his best games, I don't see him as an adept progression reader who makes all the throws for the next level. And not every short QB can rely on the Drew Brees/Russell Wilson precedent, especially one with the throwing motion of Tajh Boyd.
    While the latter is true, I thought Boyd played very well early in the season. He did struggle vs FSU and South Carolina, but he dominated Georgia when they were healthy and NC ST.

I still feel he has a good shot at being a solid starting QB in the NFL. We will be able to see another tough opponent in Ohio St in the bowl game.
    Last edited by TheAnalyst; 12-21-2013 at 05:39 PM.
    ZERO quality wins the last 2 seasons. Major changes are needed.

Veteran
    Blake is getting hype

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    Sorry if the title is a bit misleading... I forgot to say it was only the top 10 but it is very possible that we are in the top 10 when it is all said and done so that is why I posted it

He has Clowney falling all the way to the 5th pick and Barr getting picked 7th? If that were to happen we could seriously have a shot of getting one of those two guys which is crazy to think. I am praying for a QB run really badly! If we could get Barr without trading up I would be absolutely pumped!

Right now we at at #11 and have a great shot to break into Top 10 this week. The 3 teams directly ahead of us due to tiebreakers are 5-9 Buffalo at 10, Tenn also 5-9 in number 9 spot ( man they came within a hair of beating AZ last week) and Vikings in #8 spot also with a 5-9 record. Heres updated list with what they think is each teams Top 3 needs..... By the way QB for us in not one of them, lol.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...r-all-32-teams

Assuming we lose in Detroit we Stan two move up two places, MAYBE....

1) Miami is @ Buffalo. I think the Bills can win this. It's an AFCE rival game and Miami has been up and down
    2) Tenn is @ Jax.. Now here we move up or closer either way. Tenn wins we jump them and if It's Jax that's their 5th win ( don't know how the tie breaker would work between us and them). But I feel Titans will win this.
    3) Vikings are @ Cinn. Usually you'd think automatic loss for Minny. But look what they did last week

So we could be sitting around 8 or 9 come Sunday night. Wow
    Last edited by miked1958; 12-20-2013 at 10:57 AM.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Then you have the next 5 teams all at 4 wins... They are Jax, browns, ATL, raiders, TB. Any of them win this week and it's tiebreakers system to see if we jump any of them. Doesn't really matter who is drafting 3rd or up to 7 cause a win could drop them pretty far depending on the toe breakers.. So

We talked about Tenn @ Jax already it's ironic all 5 of those teams are playing on the road which will make it difficult for any of them to win.

TB is @ STL

Browns @ Jets

Oakland @ SD

ATL @ SF..

Of this group I can see maybe tenn winning a Jax, browns winning at NY,. That's it.. But maybe tampa who has played better lately. SF kills ATL and raiders get handled in SD
    Last edited by miked1958; 12-20-2013 at 11:16 AM.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

And picking 11th overall, the New York Giants select Mike Evans WR Texas A&M

I got a funny feeling if we stand pat with are GM, HC, and Corrdinators that Taylor Lewan OT Mich will be the pick.. If we change up are coaches and/or GM, i could see us taking Mike Evans WR Texas A&M.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I got a funny feeling if we stand pat with are GM, HC, and Corrdinators that Taylor Lewan OT Mich will be the pick.. If we change up are coaches and/or GM, i could see us taking Mike Evans WR Texas A&M.
    does that mean Pugh slides to guard?

We should take a guard in the second or third round.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    does that mean Pugh slides to guard?
    Nope, Giants grab Yankey for that.

Here is Yahoo's:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...7938--nfl.html

Interesting pick. Don't watch much Michigan State so don't know what to think.
    Last edited by Rat_bastich; 12-20-2013 at 04:58 PM.