+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    And picking 11th overall, the New York Giants select Mike Evans WR Texas A&M
    Im not sold on him. Having a QB like Manzeil works wonders when a receiver can run around for 7-8 seconds. Plus appearently, A&M has 2 top 15 draft pick OTs giving him more time. Put him on this team right now and he would never get the ball.
    ZERO quality wins the last 2 seasons. Major changes are needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    Nope, Giants grab Yankey for that.

Here is Yahoo's:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...7938--nfl.html

Interesting pick. Don't watch much Michigan State so don't know what to think.
    I really like him. Here is a pretty recent article on him and a quote that I pulled from it.

From: http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...-smothers-foes
    "Today, Dennard is that Thorpe Award semifinalist (nation's best defensive back), leads the team in interceptions and is a likely All-American. Today, he is the subject of a glowing 77-page report from NFL talent evaluator Dave-Te Thomas, who compares him to Deion Sanders and has the meticulous numbers to back it up."

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    Nope, Giants grab Yankey for that.

Here is Yahoo's:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...7938--nfl.html

Interesting pick. Don't watch much Michigan State so don't know what to think.
    I am a Yankey fan too.. I wonder if he makes it to the 2nd round..

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    I am a Yankey fan too.. I wonder if he makes it to the 2nd round..
    It would be awesome if we could go one of following Barr/Mack/Mosley in the first and get Yankey in the 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    It would be awesome if we could go one of following Barr/Mack/Mosley in the first and get Yankey in the 2nd
    or that beast guard from Baylor

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    or that beast guard from Baylor
    I think Richardson will be in the first. He is my favorite interior OL.
    ZERO quality wins the last 2 seasons. Major changes are needed.

Yeah Richardson is a beast. He will probably be a first rounder but who knows. Damontre Moore was projected top ten for forever then after the combine fell and we snagged him in the 3rd

But no banter about this weeks upcoming games?? I think we have a good shot to move up even further with a loss. Last thing we need now is these guys getting inspired this weekend and try to win in Detroit
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Im not sold on him. Having a QB like Manzeil works wonders when a receiver can run around for 7-8 seconds. Plus appearently, A&M has 2 top 15 draft pick OTs giving him more time. Put him on this team right now and he would never get the ball.
    I watched many films on him. You can't say Evans making many plays on broken plays and plays the protection holds up is a bad thing..lol Theres plenty of plays that are quick strikes, just as quick as any play in the nfl. Just drop back, and fire away. He'll be able to get the ball, trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I watched many films on him. You can't say Evans making many plays on broken plays and plays the protection holds up is a bad thing..lol Theres plenty of plays that are quick strikes, just as quick as any play in the nfl. Just drop back, and fire away. He'll be able to get the ball, trust me.
    I saw someone compare him to Vincent Jackson on this board and really think that it is a pretty accurate. Most of his big plays that I have seen are on broken plays but it seems like every jump ball that is thrown his way he comes down with it. I think he could be a beast in the NFL. I do think it depends on the system and the QB though. I do think it would be a shame if he goes to a bum team with a ****ty QB. Eli could use him as a Plax like target IMO. Although I am really hoping we get an impact LB like Barr/Mack/Mosley. I also am growing more found of a Darqueze Dennard pick. The dude is a straight beast I think. Some NFL talent evaluators are comparing him to Deion Sanders... If he is anything close to prime then I think he is more than worth a poential top 10 pick. I think he is the best CB right now. Ekpre-Olomu is pretty close but I think he is more of a ballhawk and doesn't have the greatest tackling skills. Dennard is a really good tackler and can be a ballhawk. Prince and Dennard would be very good 1-2 combo at CB IMO