+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    All-Pro

Re: NFL wants a Saints - Packers NFC Championship game

[quote user="Bread"][quote user="TroyArcher"]The Giants and 49ers will have to overcome the zebras to win next week.[/quote]New York and San Francisco are the bigger markets.[/quote]
    No I think he is right... They want another game like the one the first Thursday night. They put up all those points. They figure it would be a rating bonanza
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

[quote user="miked1958"][quote user="Bread"][quote user="TroyArcher"]The Giants and 49ers will have to overcome the zebras to win next week.[/quote]New York and San Francisco are the bigger markets.[/quote]
    No I think he is right... They want another game like the one the first Thursday night. They put up all those points. They figure it would be a rating bonanza[/quote]

Real football fans will watch no matter who's playing.

The casual/occasional fan wants a story (not nec. a shootout). Drew Brees made his story that Sunday night when he broke the record on national TV. Rodgers is a star (see his commercials everwhere??) with the defending champs and favorites to do it ALL. The NFL definitely wants a Packers/Saints game.

On a related note, it must have been strange for the Steelers to NOT be the NFL's pick to advance today. We all know Tebow. . .what team is he on again. . .gets more mass public attention than anyone in the NFL. Heck, half of his fans own more bibles than footballs.

Just as the NHL wanted an overtime-shootout in the Winter Classic, the NFL would KILL to have a Tebow-Packers Superbowl (with Tebow-Saints a runnerup).

BTW: I believe the better teams will win, but some teams might get a push when they need it.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

[quote user="NYfanatic"][quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="Bread"][quote user="TroyArcher"]The Giants and 49ers will have to overcome the zebras to win next week.[/quote]New York and San Francisco are the bigger markets.[/quote]

You know what's a bigger market than New York? The whole country, who wants to see the two best teams and QBs play each other in the championship.[/quote]
    NY makes more money for the NFL if they are constantly better then the whole league. Their is a reason why the Yankees are the most valued franchise in the world and the knicks are the #2 or somthing most valued franchise in the NBA even after a decade of crap. NY > Every other team in the USA.
    [/quote]

Actually the most valuable sports franchise in the world is Manchester United... The Yankees are close though.

If it's anyone the refs are going to favor, it's probably the giants.

Think about the profit and views they'd make if the Giants beat the amazing Packers.

Just think about it, they are salivating over it

Bench Player

Yeah ...

Cause Green Bay's market is soooo much bigger than New York City..

I do think the NFL thinks everyone wants to see the Packers/Saints in the NFC Championship because it would be a ton of points on the arms of Brees and Rogers. It's not unlike baseball, where the networks wants home runs, not low scoring, good pitching duels. I would love to see a Giants/Niners Championship, not just because we would have a better chance to beat them than the Saints, but it would prove good defense beats good offense.

GO GIANTS!!!!

[quote user="RagTime Blue"][quote user="miked1958"][quote user="Bread"][quote user="TroyArcher"]The Giants and 49ers will have to overcome the zebras to win next week.[/quote]New York and San Francisco are the bigger markets.[/quote]
    No I think he is right... They want another game like the one the first Thursday night. They put up all those points. They figure it would be a rating bonanza[/quote]

The casual/occasional fan wants a story (not nec. a shootout). Drew Brees made his story that Sunday night when he broke the record on national TV. Rodgers is a star (see his commercials everwhere??) with the defending champs and favorites to do it ALL. The NFL definitely wants a Packers/Saints game.

On a related note, it must have been strange for the Steelers to NOT be the NFL's pick to advance today. We all know Tebow. . .what team is he on again. . .gets more mass public attention than anyone in the NFL. Heck, half of his fans own more bibles than footballs.

Just as the NHL wanted an overtime-shootout in the Winter Classic, the NFL would KILL to have a Tebow-Packers Superbowl (with Tebow-Saints a runnerup).

BTW: I believe the better teams will win, but some teams might get a push when they need it.
    [/quote]

steelers got the benefit of the refs yesterday though. also who (other than AFC teams that are still in the playoffs) doesn't want to see tebow in the superbowl?

Well, with posts such as this littering the football fan sites, I'm betting that these refs know that eyes are gonna be on them for any funny business.

But...I don't buy the 'fixed game' thing. I would've thought the bigger ratings SB would've been Pats/GB four years ago - Brady vs. Favre. And THAT didn't happen.

Got a solution - don't do anything to draw a flag, guys. Holding, PI. Also, if the Giants can get up on the Packers and put them into 'catch up mode' which would open up our pass rush on Rogers, then we won't have to worry. Then again, a simple sack could be turned into a 'roughing the passer'.

OY!

Whatever happened to the game called 'football'?? Can you imagine Ronnie Lott or Steve Atwater playing in this league today? They'd either be fined left, right and sideways or suspended!

[quote user="CTLadyBlue"]Well, with posts such as this littering the football fan sites, I'm betting that these refs know that eyes are gonna be on them for any funny business.

But...I don't buy the 'fixed game' thing. I would've thought the bigger ratings SB would've been Pats/GB four years ago - Brady vs. Favre. And THAT didn't happen.

Got a solution - don't do anything to draw a flag, guys. Holding, PI. Also, if the Giants can get up on the Packers and put them into 'catch up mode' which would open up our pass rush on Rogers, then we won't have to worry. Then again, a simple sack could be turned into a 'roughing the passer'.

OY!

Whatever happened to the game called 'football'?? Can you imagine Ronnie Lott or Steve Atwater playing in this league today? They'd either be fined left, right and sideways or suspended![/quote]

ronnie hit people in the head constantly, with the talent he had though he'd still be an amazing player.

i also don't think that the nfl would risk the billions of $ it makes to fix the outcome, it would be stupid.

Veteran

[quote user="RagTime Blue"][quote user="miked1958"][quote user="Bread"][quote user="TroyArcher"]The Giants and 49ers will have to overcome the zebras to win next week.[/quote]New York and San Francisco are the bigger markets.[/quote]

The casual/occasional fan wants a story (not nec. a shootout).* Drew Brees made his story that Sunday night when he broke the record on national TV.* Rodgers is a star (see his commercials everwhere??) with the defending champs and favorites to do it ALL.* The NFL definitely wants a Packers/Saints game.

On a related note, it must have been strange for the Steelers to NOT be the NFL's pick to advance today.* We all know Tebow. . .what team is he on again. . .gets more mass public attention than anyone in the NFL.* Heck, half of his fans own more bibles than footballs.

BTW:* I believe the better teams will win, but some teams might get a push when they need it.
    [/quote]

This post is 100% right