+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: NFL wants a Saints - Packers NFC Championship game

[quote user="TroyArcher"]The Giants and 49ers will have to overcome the zebras to win next week.[/quote]
    This is what I hate most about NFL fans. If they got nothing better to do. They invent conspiracy theories. Are you a Vikings fan. They invent them to deal with the fact that the Vikings have Failed all of their history. Giants fans should be happy. They won a Super Bowl a few years ago. And, have 3 total. Nothing to warrant making up these stupid conspiracy theories.
    NFL Football is so much better than NCAA.

Veteran

[quote user="flamethrower"][quote user="TroyArcher"]The Giants and 49ers will have to overcome the zebras to win next week.[/quote]
    This is what I hate most about NFL fans. If they got nothing better to do. They invent conspiracy theories. Are you a Vikings fan. They invent them to deal with the fact that the Vikings have Failed all of their history. Giants fans should be happy. They won a Super Bowl a few years ago. And, have 3 total. Nothing to warrant making up these stupid conspiracy theories.
    [/quote]Its actually been a conspiracy that the Texans haven't done anything in 11 years. Rodger Goodell told me. He said because the team name "Texans" wasn't even original.

Sorry to break it to you bud...

[quote user="flamethrower"][quote user="TroyArcher"]The Giants and 49ers will have to overcome the zebras to win next week.[/quote]
    [/quote]

Finally agree with you on something. I'm subject to it myself. Not conspiracy theories, but feeling like my team got the short end of the stick in penalties.

Sometimes it's true, but more often than not when I rewatch the games for a second time I realize how many crappy calls the other team suffered from as well.

This was one of the biggest things Cowboys fans were criticized for when I first joined this board. Making excuses.

[quote user="jjj45"][quote user="flamethrower"][quote user="TroyArcher"]The Giants and 49ers will have to overcome the zebras to win next week.[/quote]
    [/quote]Its actually been a conspiracy that the Texans haven't done anything in 11 years. Rodger Goodell told me. He said because the team name "Texans" wasn't even original.

[/quote]
    Tell me something that I don't know. the first team named that was the 1952 Dallas Texans who went bust, the league found a new owner for them in Baltimore. That is how the Colts were Born. 2nd time 1960 AFL Dallas Texans who right after winning the AFL moved to Kansas City. They became the Chiefs. WFL had the first Houston Texans for half a season in 1974. They moved to Shreveport and became the Steamers. CFL for 1 season had the San Antonio Texans . Any more useless trivia you wanna share that I don't know? And, they have done something this year. Ask the Bengals if The game in Houston last Saturday was "Meaningless".
    After all you seem to think that it is. Does that make the Wild Card game vs the Falcons on Sunday just as "Meaningless"?

[quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="flamethrower"][quote user="TroyArcher"]The Giants and 49ers will have to overcome the zebras to win next week.[/quote]
    [/quote]

Finally agree with you on something. I'm subject to it myself. Not conspiracy theories, but feeling like my team got the short end of the stick in penalties.

Sometimes it's true, but more often than not when I rewatch the games for a second time I realize how many crappy calls the other team suffered from as well.

This was one of the biggest things Cowboys fans were criticized for when I first joined this board. Making excuses.
    [/quote]
    Well we do have something to agree about. Most Cowboy fans I know personally have at least 5 excuses ready to lay on when their favorite team loses. I have read some of what you posted. You pretty much call it right on.
    Most fans that post as soon as their favorite team has lost tend to make up all kinds of excuses. My thought is always wait an hour.
    Even thou I was extremely happy for the way Houston's season has worked out. No way do I expect to see them win vs the Ravens. But, if by a miracle they do. You will see the happiest Crow eater you have ever seen. And I will demand a 4th helping of it on all the boards that I post on.

Jeff Triplette is not going to be involved in our game, so we're good to go. I actually think the officiating will be irrelevant this time around and that the players will actually decide who wins or loses this one
    Close or you hit the bricks

Veteran

[quote user="flamethrower"][quote user="jjj45"][quote user="flamethrower"][quote user="TroyArcher"]The Giants and 49ers will have to overcome the zebras to win next week.[/quote]

[/quote]
    Tell me something that I don't know. the first team named that was the 1952 Dallas Texans who went bust, the league found a new owner for them in Baltimore. That is how the Colts were Born. 2nd time 1960 AFL Dallas Texans who right after winning the AFL moved to Kansas City. They became the Chiefs. WFL had the first Houston Texans for half a season in 1974. They moved to Shreveport and became the Steamers. CFL for 1 season had the San Antonio Texans . Any more useless trivia you wanna share that I don't know? And, they have done something this year. Ask the Bengals if The game in Houston last Saturday was "Meaningless".
    After all you seem to think that it is. Does that make the Wild Card game vs the Falcons on Sunday just as "Meaningless"?
    [/quote]lol I was busting your chops. Looks like the Texans finally got the monkey of their back. Congrats! And no i dont think your game was meaningless. I dont mind the Texans. It's the other Texas team I hate. I think you will beat the Ravens as a matter of fact. I still dont believe in Joe Flacco.

[/quote]

I guess you must be about 16 years old? Troy Archer was a Giants defensive lineman back in the 70's who died tragically in a car crash. He was an up and coming star on a bad Giants team. So do you also think Michael Jordan didn't get the benefit of the whistle?

[quote user="TroyArcher"][quote user="flamethrower"][quote user="TroyArcher"]The Giants and 49ers will have to overcome the zebras to win next week.[/quote]
    [/quote]

I guess you must be about 16 years old? Troy Archer was a Giants defensive lineman back in the 70's who died tragically in a car crash. He was an up and coming star on a bad Giants team. So do you also think Michael Jordan didn't get the benefit of the whistle?[/quote]
    Gee I thought we were talking about football. And I didn't know that Troy Archer lost his life in a car crash back in the 70's. sorry to hear about that. What does Jordan have to do with a football discussion. And I happen to be in my 40's. So nice try slick. Gee maybe I should look up the Giants record during the 70's to see if they were set back by that car crash. Seeing as you wanna bring up the 70's. Can I pick 1 play from that decade to bring up? Bet, I get banned from here if I bring up the play that I wanna mention. The season was 1978. And, Joe Pisarcik was the Giants Quarterback. Funny thing is that he was the Quarterback for the whole season. And, if Archer was all that. Why ain't he enshrined in the Giants ring of honor?

He died in his third year moron. My point was that certain players and teams get the benefit of the whistle. How many times have you heard that a great hitter gets a bigger strike zone, you couldn't play defense against Jordan without getting a foul called, the Saints never get a holding call at home. You can say it doesn't exist but it does. The Giants will have to overcome the zebras and the Packers to win on Sunday.