+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: NFL wants a Saints - Packers NFC Championship game

[quote user="TroyArcher"][quote user="flamethrower"][quote user="TroyArcher"][quote user="flamethrower"][quote user="TroyArcher"]He died in his third year moron. My point was that certain players and teams get the benefit of the whistle. How many times have you heard that a great hitter gets a bigger strike zone, you couldn't play defense against Jordan without getting a foul called, the Saints never get a holding call at home. You can say it doesn't exist but it does. The Giants will have to overcome the zebras and the Packers to win on Sunday.[/quote]
    Do you also preach about the Kennedy assassination, or the moon landing not happening as well. Your conspiracy theories are getting <font color="#FF0000">Boring. [|-)] </font>Reading them has put me to [|-)]
    [/quote]

You are a fool if you don't think refs give preferential traeatment to some Superstars and some home teams in most sports. Stick your head back in the sand. Very cute use of the emoticons. You are a real artist.[/quote]
    Someone get me a pillow, and a blanket. These Conspiracy theories are so <font color="#FF0000"><font size="6">Boring</font></font> that they are about to put me to[|-)]. <font size="6"><font color="#FF0000">I'll make it red, and large to make my point. Conspiracy theories are BORING.<font size="4"><font color="#000000"> And if you can't accept the fact that refs are gonna do that. I got news for you. Eli also gets the benefit of Ref calls. Well did the Moon landings happen or not Mr. Conspiracy theorist?</font></font></font></font>
    [/quote]

I deal in reality. I don't recall Eli ever getting the benefit of a call. Eli is not considered a superstar (yet). The moon thing is quite silly to bring up to make a point. JFK maybe.[/quote]
    No bringing up the moon is not silly. Crying about calls that are thought to be <font size="6">Conspiracy in nature is just as stupid.
    Answer the Question. Did the moon landings happen? That question has as much to do with NFL games on this weekend as Micheal Jordan.
    2005 called. It wants it's Whine fest back.
    </font>
    NFL Football is so much better than NCAA.

[quote user="weeds123"]Are these guys STILL crying about the refs?? I thought the high school football seasons have ended in most parts of the country....
    [/quote]
    I am in total agreement with you on this. I could see a team that is done doing this. But not a team still playing.

[quote user="TroyArcher"]The Giants and 49ers will have to overcome the zebras to win next week.[/quote]i have to agree...the NYG have to leave no doubt about the outcome...

[quote user="TroyArcher"][quote user="weeds123"]Are these guys STILL crying about the refs?? I thought the high school football seasons have ended in most parts of the country....
    [/quote]

Answer one question and I wlll then let it rest. Did you watch Michael Jordan play? Did he get the benefit of the whistle? I must have seen a 100 phantom foul calls on Jordan if I saw one.[/quote]

Truthfully, I haven't watched the NBA since I was a kid ... the days when Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was Lew Alcindor, and Oscar Robertson directed the offense of the Milwaukee Bucks. So... Michael Jordan isn't an icon to me ... and I have no frame of reference

Troy, I'm just baggin' on you, you know? I do know the point you're trying to make and there has always seemed to be an element of truth to it -- for instance last season, the Packers were one of the highest penalized teams in the NFL -- not sure where they ranked but it was top 5. This year, they're the least penalized ... is that to say that the Packers became more disciplined over night ... or ... is it to say that the referees are making a point of NOT calling penalties that they see because suddenly, the Pack is the NFL's fair haired girl?

Are the Lions a dirty, filthy sack-o-dog-dump cheatin' team, or, are the refs singling them out? (Lions fans claim that NFL stands for "Not For Lions".

I don't buy into the theory that certain teams 'get the calls' because the networks (and thusly, the NFL) like them. I think the Giants got screwed out of a touchdown because it was ruled "incomplete" on the field by a 'human being' ... we all have to 'blink' ... that's the way it goes... in '98, Jerry Rice fumbled the refs blew it - gave the Niners the ball anyway, and it led to Terrell Owens catching a last second TD pass to eliminate the Packers who were the defending NFC Champs...had that play never happened, it's possible we'd never have been subjected to Terrell Owens (damn the luck) ... yeah... bad call happen. Do I think the NFL conspires to keep some teams down?? Nope.

Well the first series for the Saints Offense just ended with a turnover. No conspiracy so far.
    I hope that when this game is over this stupidity can be put to rest.
    Or, will the new one be "The Refs were paid to make sure the Packers have the easiest path to the Super Bowl"? Update 49ers 7 Saints 0. And no ref conspiring seen yet. 1 picky picky play that wound up being meaningless is all you conspiracy theory buffs have right now.
    Brees just threw a pic that was almost run all the way back. If the refs are in cahoots with the Saints where is the penalty that should have been called on that play?

If this Conspiracy theory was sound the Saints would never have trailed. Until about the 4 minute mark the 49ers had the lead. So that shoots down the theory. Also the Saints would have at least 21 more points than the 49ers. 3:14 minute mark of the 4th quarter, and the Saints lead by just 1 point. And, the 49ers just had a long 20+ yard completion that put them in field goal range.
    And the number of penalties against the 49ers at the 2:18 mark of the 4th quarter is 1 penalty the whole game against the 49ers. 12 men in the huddle. Very next play. Smith scores on the QB keeper. Well we can say that this whole stupid thread has no basis in fact. To the person who started it. <font color="#FF0000"><font size="6">Your helping of Crow is now ready for you to enjoy. </font></font>

yes they do

Well 14 points scored since my last posting. 7 per side. 3 seconds on the clock. Saints down by 4 points. Ball at the 14 yard line. Pass incomplete. 49ers call time out replay last play. Saints attempt the Music City Miracle, and fail. 49ers win. So that means no Saints Packers NFC Championship game. Let the new "NFL wants a Packers Patriots Super Bowl" Conspiracy begin. Because this <font size="6">STupid thread just Died. </font>

Flamethrowr, I rename you the Ostrich. Anyway I will be rooting for the Texans today as I hate the Ravens. Go Texans

Keep the imaginary Conspiracy theories quiet. Because they were <font size="6"><font color="#FF0000">Boring <font size="3"><font color="#000000">back in 1996. I don't have my head buried. Before I spout off on something like that I make sure that I have proof.
    You have yet to show any. Saints losing buried your theory, and this thread. I fail to understand why a supposed fan of a team that is still playing would be posting such crap. This crap I expect either Cowboy fans, or Viking fans to do. Let's see you cried yesterday about the lack of holding penalties on the Saints. Well stupid explain why the refs only called 1 penalty all game long on the 49ers. And, it was 100% lagit. But, you can't. All you can do is invent Conspiracy theories that make me [|-)][|-)] Because of How <font color="#FF0000"><font size="6">Boring <font color="#000000"><font size="3">they are. And here is your giant sized helping of <font color="#A52A2A"><font size="6">Crow.</font></font></font></font></font></font>
    </font></font></font></font>